Polymorph fixes

Gary Chambers-4
A few fixes on SqueakSource.

Polymorph-Widgets-gvc.24
Polymorph-Tools-Diff-gvc.24

Notably:

Table layout of submorphs with #shrinkWrap attributes.
Themeing of menu item text colours to help Hilaire in his Sugar theme efforts. ThemeSettings integration left for another time...
Wrong "sides" for "compare to current" when using diff tools in change sets (versions browser etc.).
Prevention of window dragging from submorphs promoted from StandardWindow to SystemWindow (deals with oddities when click-dragging from submorphs... offset would be wrong and window "jumps").
Wrong colours for faded background windows in Watery themes.
Fix colours in W2K theme (requires class-side reinitialisation of defaultSettings. Do "UIThemeW2K defaultSettings: nil" before changing theme).
Toolbars now Panel-based to adapt to pane colour.
DockingBar based menus now deal with mouseFocus correctly.

Regards, Gary

Re: Polymorph fixes

Stéphane Ducasse
Thanks.
I will give a try but may be we have a bug in scriptLoader :)

Stef
On Mar 1, 2010, at 6:52 PM, Gary Chambers wrote:

> A few fixes on SqueakSource.
>
> Polymorph-Widgets-gvc.24
> Polymorph-Tools-Diff-gvc.24
>
> Notably:
>
> Table layout of submorphs with #shrinkWrap attributes.
> Themeing of menu item text colours to help Hilaire in his Sugar theme efforts. ThemeSettings integration left for another time...
> Wrong "sides" for "compare to current" when using diff tools in change sets (versions browser etc.).
> Prevention of window dragging from submorphs promoted from StandardWindow to SystemWindow (deals with oddities when click-dragging from submorphs... offset would be wrong and window "jumps").
> Wrong colours for faded background windows in Watery themes.
> Fix colours in W2K theme (requires class-side reinitialisation of defaultSettings. Do "UIThemeW2K defaultSettings: nil" before changing theme).
> Toolbars now Panel-based to adapt to pane colour.
> DockingBar based menus now deal with mouseFocus correctly.
>

> Regards, Gary

Re: Polymorph fixes

Richard Durr-2
What's the Sugar theme? For the XO-Laptop?

On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 8:34 PM, Stéphane Ducasse
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks.
> I will give a try but may be we have a bug in scriptLoader :)
>
> Stef
> On Mar 1, 2010, at 6:52 PM, Gary Chambers wrote:
>
>> A few fixes on SqueakSource.
>>
>> Polymorph-Widgets-gvc.24
>> Polymorph-Tools-Diff-gvc.24
>>
>> Notably:
>>
>> Table layout of submorphs with #shrinkWrap attributes.
>> Themeing of menu item text colours to help Hilaire in his Sugar theme efforts. ThemeSettings integration left for another time...
>> Wrong "sides" for "compare to current" when using diff tools in change sets (versions browser etc.).
>> Prevention of window dragging from submorphs promoted from StandardWindow to SystemWindow (deals with oddities when click-dragging from submorphs... offset would be wrong and window "jumps").
>> Wrong colours for faded background windows in Watery themes.
>> Fix colours in W2K theme (requires class-side reinitialisation of defaultSettings. Do "UIThemeW2K defaultSettings: nil" before changing theme).
>> Toolbars now Panel-based to adapt to pane colour.
>> DockingBar based menus now deal with mouseFocus correctly.
>>

>> Regards, Gary

Re: Polymorph fixes

Gary Chambers-4
Yes, Hilaire is doing a theme to match the XO UI specs... some good will
come from this for Polymorph generally, in terms of extending the
"Widget set"... date pickers etc...

On Mon, 2010-03-01 at 23:20 +0100, Richard Durr wrote:

> What's the Sugar theme? For the XO-Laptop?
>
> On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 8:34 PM, Stéphane Ducasse
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Thanks.
> > I will give a try but may be we have a bug in scriptLoader :)
> >
> > Stef
> > On Mar 1, 2010, at 6:52 PM, Gary Chambers wrote:
> >
> >> A few fixes on SqueakSource.
> >>
> >> Polymorph-Widgets-gvc.24
> >> Polymorph-Tools-Diff-gvc.24
> >>
> >> Notably:
> >>
> >> Table layout of submorphs with #shrinkWrap attributes.
> >> Themeing of menu item text colours to help Hilaire in his Sugar theme efforts. ThemeSettings integration left for another time...
> >> Wrong "sides" for "compare to current" when using diff tools in change sets (versions browser etc.).
> >> Prevention of window dragging from submorphs promoted from StandardWindow to SystemWindow (deals with oddities when click-dragging from submorphs... offset would be wrong and window "jumps").
> >> Wrong colours for faded background windows in Watery themes.
> >> Fix colours in W2K theme (requires class-side reinitialisation of defaultSettings. Do "UIThemeW2K defaultSettings: nil" before changing theme).
> >> Toolbars now Panel-based to adapt to pane colour.
> >> DockingBar based menus now deal with mouseFocus correctly.
> >>

> >> Regards, Gary

Re: Polymorph fixes

Richard Durr-2
Cool. I dislike the Watery2 look a little bit, because it seems to me
so close but not really matching the Mac OS X Aqua design.

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 2:15 AM, Gary Chambers <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yes, Hilaire is doing a theme to match the XO UI specs... some good will
> come from this for Polymorph generally, in terms of extending the
> "Widget set"... date pickers etc...
>
> On Mon, 2010-03-01 at 23:20 +0100, Richard Durr wrote:
>> What's the Sugar theme? For the XO-Laptop?
>>
>> On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 8:34 PM, Stéphane Ducasse
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Thanks.
>> > I will give a try but may be we have a bug in scriptLoader :)
>> >
>> > Stef

Re: Polymorph fixes

Gary Chambers-4
I know what you mean... too close could mean litigation though!
A lot of the difference are, of course, due to merely replacing the controls
without layout changes...

I'll be giving Hilaire all the help I can for the new theme though.

Regards, Gary

wrote:

> Yes, Hilaire is doing a theme to match the XO UI specs... some good will
> come from this for Polymorph generally, in terms of extending the
> "Widget set"... date pickers etc...
>
> On Mon, 2010-03-01 at 23:20 +0100, Richard Durr wrote:
>> What's the Sugar theme? For the XO-Laptop?
>>
>> On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 8:34 PM, Stéphane Ducasse
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Thanks.
>> > I will give a try but may be we have a bug in scriptLoader :)
>> >
>> > Stef

Re: Polymorph fixes

Gary Chambers-4
Sorry that the fixes to table layouts are causing problems...
The two problems are that:

1     *invalid* hResizing/vResizing symbols now cause different behaviour
(fixing now, for Polymorph Morph construction)
2      layout cell positioning now works as (I believe) originally
intended... hence some adjustments to user code

Good that bug fixes hilight misuse, some by myself due to typos ;-)

Regards, Gary

> I will give a try but may be we have a bug in scriptLoader :)
>
> Stef
> On Mar 1, 2010, at 6:52 PM, Gary Chambers wrote:
>
>> A few fixes on SqueakSource.
>>
>> Polymorph-Widgets-gvc.24
>> Polymorph-Tools-Diff-gvc.24
>>
>> Notably:
>>
>> Table layout of submorphs with #shrinkWrap attributes.
>> Themeing of menu item text colours to help Hilaire in his Sugar theme
>> efforts. ThemeSettings integration left for another time...
>> Wrong "sides" for "compare to current" when using diff tools in change
>> sets (versions browser etc.).
>> Prevention of window dragging from submorphs promoted from StandardWindow
>> to SystemWindow (deals with oddities when click-dragging from
>> submorphs... offset would be wrong and window "jumps").
>> Wrong colours for faded background windows in Watery themes.
>> Fix colours in W2K theme (requires class-side reinitialisation of
>> defaultSettings. Do "UIThemeW2K defaultSettings: nil" before changing
>> theme).
>> Toolbars now Panel-based to adapt to pane colour.
>> DockingBar based menus now deal with mouseFocus correctly.
>>

>> Regards, Gary

Re: Polymorph fixes

Gary Chambers-4
Hopefully I'll be able to make a new mcz for merging on Monday, anyone can
request a change set from me in the meantime...

Regards, Gary

> I will give a try but may be we have a bug in scriptLoader :)
>
> Stef
> On Mar 1, 2010, at 6:52 PM, Gary Chambers wrote:
>
>> A few fixes on SqueakSource.
>>
>> Polymorph-Widgets-gvc.24
>> Polymorph-Tools-Diff-gvc.24
>>
>> Notably:
>>
>> Table layout of submorphs with #shrinkWrap attributes.
>> Themeing of menu item text colours to help Hilaire in his Sugar theme
>> efforts. ThemeSettings integration left for another time...
>> Wrong "sides" for "compare to current" when using diff tools in change
>> sets (versions browser etc.).
>> Prevention of window dragging from submorphs promoted from StandardWindow
>> to SystemWindow (deals with oddities when click-dragging from
>> submorphs... offset would be wrong and window "jumps").
>> Wrong colours for faded background windows in Watery themes.
>> Fix colours in W2K theme (requires class-side reinitialisation of
>> defaultSettings. Do "UIThemeW2K defaultSettings: nil" before changing
>> theme).
>> Toolbars now Panel-based to adapt to pane colour.
>> DockingBar based menus now deal with mouseFocus correctly.
>>

>> Regards, Gary

Re: Polymorph fixes

Gary Chambers-4
Thanks to Alain for helping test the changes...

Regards, Gary