Polymorph

12

Polymorph

Gary Chambers-4
Just a heads up.

I'll be making some time next week for reintegrating various fixes and improvements to mostly Polymorph related things.

Whilst based on 1.4, it has been some time since I've updated my happily stable image and the changes have accumulated to be fairly extensive, all driven by business needs of course ;-) (no reason that nice stuff can be done in that remit!).

The changes will hopefully not break anyone's parallel efforts, likely, though is going to be painful to resynchronise as the community has been doing plentiful excellent work in improvement.

I humbly ask that fixes/changes to Morphic/Polymorph could be put on hold in terms of submissions whilst I integrate as a stable baseline will be necessary.

I'll post again on the list next week as to when I start on the reintegration so I can hopefully get a clear few days of stability, along with letting you all know preliminary details of the effects of changes (won't know full repurcussions until analysed).

In addition to fixes etc. I can make available a couple of UI themes suitable for touchscreen devices (Android Gingerbread style basically, in HDPI and MDPI) and a few other goodies.

Hopefully all for the better as discovered through using things to produce business applications.

Videos to come based on the products we are developing with Pharo.

Regards, Gary

Sent from my iPad

Re: Polymorph

garduino
Very good news! Thanks by share your work and for the help out of this list.

Cant wait to try the new stuff!

--
Enviado desde mi dispositivo móvil

Germán S. Arduino  <gsa @ arsol.net>   Twitter: garduino
Arduino Software  http://www.arduinosoftware.com
PasswordsPro  http://www.passwordspro.com
greensecure.blogspot.com germanarduino.blogpost.com

Re: Polymorph

> Just a heads up.
>
> I'll be making some time next week for reintegrating various fixes and improvements to mostly Polymorph related things.

Excellent

> Whilst based on 1.4, it has been some time since I've updated my happily stable image and the changes have accumulated to be fairly extensive, all driven by business needs of course ;-) (no reason that nice stuff can be done in that remit!).

Excellent!

> The changes will hopefully not break anyone's parallel efforts, likely, though is going to be painful to resynchronise as the community has been doing plentiful excellent work in improvement.
>
> I humbly ask that fixes/changes to Morphic/Polymorph could be put on hold in terms of submissions whilst I integrate as a stable baseline will be necessary.

sure
You take priority. :)

> I'll post again on the list next week as to when I start on the reintegration so I can hopefully get a clear few days of stability, along with letting you all know preliminary details of the effects of changes (won't know full repurcussions until analyzed).

You tell us and we can integrate as you want.

> In addition to fixes etc. I can make available a couple of UI themes suitable for touchscreen devices (Android Gingerbread style basically, in HDPI and MDPI) and a few other goodies.

I want them :)

> Hopefully all for the better as discovered through using things to produce business applications.
>
> Videos to come based on the products we are developing with Pharo.

That too :)

> Regards, Gary
>
> Sent from my iPad

Re: Polymorph

Gary Chambers-4
Sorry guys, bogged down with client work hopefully next week...
I'll see if I can at least have my colleagues get some videos published in
the meantime.

Regards, Gary

> I'll be making some time next week for reintegrating various fixes and
> improvements to mostly Polymorph related things.

Excellent

> Whilst based on 1.4, it has been some time since I've updated my happily
> stable image and the changes have accumulated to be fairly extensive, all
> driven by business needs of course ;-) (no reason that nice stuff can be
> done in that remit!).

Excellent!

> The changes will hopefully not break anyone's parallel efforts, likely,
> though is going to be painful to resynchronise as the community has been
> doing plentiful excellent work in improvement.
>
> I humbly ask that fixes/changes to Morphic/Polymorph could be put on hold
> in terms of submissions whilst I integrate as a stable baseline will be
> necessary.

sure
You take priority. :)

> I'll post again on the list next week as to when I start on the
> reintegration so I can hopefully get a clear few days of stability, along
> with letting you all know preliminary details of the effects of changes
> (won't know full repurcussions until analyzed).

You tell us and we can integrate as you want.

> In addition to fixes etc. I can make available a couple of UI themes
> suitable for touchscreen devices (Android Gingerbread style basically, in
> HDPI and MDPI) and a few other goodies.

I want them :)

> Hopefully all for the better as discovered through using things to produce
> business applications.
>
> Videos to come based on the products we are developing with Pharo.

That too :)

> Regards, Gary
>
> Sent from my iPad

Re: Polymorph

Stéphane Ducasse

On Mar 12, 2012, at 4:55 PM, Gary Chambers wrote:

> Sorry guys, bogged down with client work hopefully next week...
> I'll see if I can at least have my colleagues get some videos published in the meantime.

Clients are more important :)
Now we love videos of cool pharo projects!

Re: Polymorph

garduino
+1 to all (customers and videos)!

--
Enviado desde mi dispositivo móvil

Germán S. Arduino  <gsa @ arsol.net>   Twitter: garduino
Arduino Software  http://www.arduinosoftware.com
PasswordsPro  http://www.passwordspro.com
greensecure.blogspot.com germanarduino.blogpost.com

Re: Polymorph

Gary Chambers-4
Hi,

still busier than a one-legged man in an arse kicking competition...
there is now a vid of some stuff (awaiting my colleague getting time to do
the one
with the OCR/Postillion stuff)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyqu3Pts0bk&feature=youtu.be

enjoy

Regards, Gary

--
Enviado desde mi dispositivo móvil

Germán S. Arduino  <gsa @ arsol.net>   Twitter: garduino
Arduino Software  http://www.arduinosoftware.com
PasswordsPro  http://www.passwordspro.com
greensecure.blogspot.com germanarduino.blogpost.com

Re: Polymorph

garduino
Fantastic!

2012/3/21 Gary Chambers <[hidden email]>
Hi,

still busier than a one-legged man in an arse kicking competition...
there is now a vid of some stuff (awaiting my colleague getting time to do the one
with the OCR/Postillion stuff)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyqu3Pts0bk&feature=youtu.be

enjoy

Regards, Gary

----- Original Message ----- From: "Germán Arduino" <[hidden email]>

R: Polymorph

Lorenzo
Great work!

Lorenzo

--
Enviado desde mi dispositivo móvil

Germán S. Arduino  <gsa @ arsol.net>   Twitter: garduino
Arduino Software  http://www.arduinosoftware.com
PasswordsPro  http://www.passwordspro.com
greensecure.blogspot.com germanarduino.blogpost.com

Re: R: Polymorph

Gary Chambers-4
Just a taster pic of next vid... coming soon.

Regards, Gary

--
Enviado desde mi dispositivo móvil

Germán S. Arduino  <gsa @ arsol.net>   Twitter: garduino
Arduino Software  http://www.arduinosoftware.com
PasswordsPro  http://www.passwordspro.com
greensecure.blogspot.com germanarduino.blogpost.com

postillion.png (278K) Download Attachment

Re: R: Polymorph

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Gary,

Great stuff!  One point of confusion: android _emulator_??  Does this run on Android?  Just asking; I'm pretty happy with Polymorph+MVP and Seaside for things that are natural fits for web interfaces.

Bill

--
Enviado desde mi dispositivo móvil

Germán S. Arduino  <gsa @ arsol.net>   Twitter: garduino
Arduino Software  http://www.arduinosoftware.com
PasswordsPro  http://www.passwordspro.com
greensecure.blogspot.com germanarduino.blogpost.com

Re: R: Polymorph

Gary Chambers-4
Is a look-and-feel emulation at present. Hope to be able to generate
skeleton Android Java from it though.

Regards, Gary

[[hidden email]] on behalf of Lorenzo Schiavina
[[hidden email]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 12:44 PM
To: [hidden email]

Great work!

Lorenzo

--
Enviado desde mi dispositivo móvil

Germán S. Arduino  <gsa @ arsol.net>   Twitter: garduino
Arduino Software  http://www.arduinosoftware.com
PasswordsPro  http://www.passwordspro.com
greensecure.blogspot.com germanarduino.blogpost.com

Re: R: Polymorph

Gary Chambers-4
To clarify, a couple of themes for HDPI and MDPI resolutions matching the
Android UI (mostly).
Is allowing us to present the UI to client without the compile-link-deploy
cycle of Android devolpment for the moment.
Have had some good seesions with virtually instant feedback.

Regards, Gary

> Is a look-and-feel emulation at present. Hope to be able to generate
> skeleton Android Java from it though.
>
> Regards, Gary

Igor Stasenko
On 21 March 2012 20:07, Gary Chambers <[hidden email]> wrote:
> To clarify, a couple of themes for HDPI and MDPI resolutions matching the
> Android UI (mostly).
> Is allowing us to present the UI to client without the compile-link-deploy
> cycle of Android devolpment for the moment.
> Have had some good seesions with virtually instant feedback.
>
> Regards, Gary

This is the way to do things.

My applauds!

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

Re: R: Polymorph

Gary Chambers-4
Thank you Sig.

Regards, Gary

> On 21 March 2012 20:07, Gary Chambers <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> To clarify, a couple of themes for HDPI and MDPI resolutions matching the
>> Android UI (mostly).
>> Is allowing us to present the UI to client without the
>> compile-link-deploy
>> cycle of Android devolpment for the moment.
>> Have had some good seesions with virtually instant feedback.
>>
>> Regards, Gary
>>

> This is the way to do things.
>
> My applauds!
>

> --
> Best regards,
> Igor Stasenko.

Re: R: Polymorph

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Gary,

Fair enough.  I was hoping to see Pharo running on Android, but I can't say I need that.  Options are good.  And programming in Pharo and spinning off java/android code would have its uses.

Bill

Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 12:44 PM
To: [hidden email]

Great work!

Lorenzo

--
Enviado desde mi dispositivo móvil

Germán S. Arduino  <gsa @ arsol.net>   Twitter: garduino
Arduino Software  http://www.arduinosoftware.com
PasswordsPro  http://www.passwordspro.com
greensecure.blogspot.com germanarduino.blogpost.com

Re: R: Polymorph

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Nice!

> Is a look-and-feel emulation at present. Hope to be able to generate
> skeleton Android Java from it though.
>
> Regards, Gary

Well, it could be a start (theme rather than native widgets)...

Regards, Gary

[[hidden email]] on behalf of Gary Chambers
[[hidden email]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 3:03 PM
To: [hidden email]

Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 12:44 PM
To: [hidden email]

Great work!

Lorenzo

--
Enviado desde mi dispositivo móvil

Germán S. Arduino  <gsa @ arsol.net>   Twitter: garduino
Arduino Software  http://www.arduinosoftware.com
PasswordsPro  http://www.passwordspro.com
greensecure.blogspot.com germanarduino.blogpost.com

Re: R: Polymorph

Gary Chambers-4
The promised vid... nearly does it justice in use...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTIJZZeGsC8&feature=youtu.be

Regards, Gary

On 21 March 2012 23:37, Gary Chambers <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The promised vid... nearly does it justice in use...
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTIJZZeGsC8&feature=youtu.be

Hey stop trolling Gary! (About message at the end of vid.. :)))))