Pondered average

dario trussardi
Hello,

i'm interested to calcolate the pondered average of the " articol price" .

I think to create a new subclass of Fraction and redifine the arthmetic methods to manage numerator and denominator variable.

Also I work with OODBMS Gemstone and therefore i need to replicate this new class in it.

Is my think a good idea ?

Thank for any consideration.

Dario Trussardi Romano

Re: Pondered average

Reinout Heeck-2
Dario,

I'm no expert in the domain you described, but mapping your own number
classes between VW and GemStone might be a bit tricky because of the
differences in their Number class hierachies. Why not creating a class
that does the calculation on the already provided Number class of your
choice?

Hope this helps,
Adriaan.

--