Pool dictionaries and workspaces

user
Hi,

I have written a script in a workspace that uses the DB classes. I need to import the ODBCTypes pool dictionary. Every
time I reopen the file I have to go back into the menu and include the pool dictionary. Is there a way to do this in
code in the workspace?

Any pointers in general to information about pool dictionaries - how/when to use them etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Rob Lally.

Re: Pool dictionaries and workspaces

Christopher J. Demers
<[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:42e54885$0$24470$[hidden email]...

> I have written a script in a workspace that uses the DB classes. I need to
> import the ODBCTypes pool dictionary. Every time I reopen the file I have
> to go back into the menu and include the pool dictionary. Is there a way
> to do this in code in the workspace?

This code should illustrate one way to do it when evaluating from within a
workspace:
==============
View focus presenter evaluationPools: (OrderedCollection with: ODBCTypes).
==============

> Any pointers in general to information about pool dictionaries - how/when
> to use them etc. would be greatly appreciated.

In workspace code I tend to find my self using: (ODBCTypes at: #SQL_BIGINT)
rather than importing pools.  I usually avoid creating my own pool
dictionaries except when interfacing with external code.

Chris

Christopher J. Demers wrote:

> This code should illustrate one way to do it when evaluating from within a
> workspace:
> View focus presenter evaluationPools: (OrderedCollection with: ODBCTypes).
>

>>Any pointers in general to information about pool dictionaries - how/when
>>to use them etc. would be greatly appreciated.
>

> In workspace code I tend to find my self using: (ODBCTypes at: #SQL_BIGINT)
> rather than importing pools.  I usually avoid creating my own pool
> dictionaries except when interfacing with external code.

Thanks, you've solved my problem and given me a place to dig for more information.

R.