Pop up request window

Alexandre BP
Hi,

I'm trying to pop up a window when clicking on a button. (very simple thing)
I tried this:
renderSubmitNewFolderOn: canvas

canvas div
id:'button';
with: [
canvas button
callback: [self inform: 'Hello, World!'.];
with: 'add folder'.
].

this method is called within the renderContentOn:canvas like this:

self renderSubmitNewFolderOn:canvas.

It doesn't work at all. Nothing appears when I click on the button...

Thx in advance.

alex

Re: Pop up request window

John McKeon
Change it from a div to a form
John

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 11:48 AM, Alexandre BP <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to pop up a window when clicking on a button. (very simple thing)
I tried this:
renderSubmitNewFolderOn: canvas

canvas div
id:'button';
with: [
canvas button
callback: [self inform: 'Hello, World!'.];
with: 'add folder'.
].

this method is called within the renderContentOn:canvas like this:

self renderSubmitNewFolderOn:canvas.

It doesn't work at all. Nothing appears when I click on the button...

Thx in advance.

alex

http://john-mckeon.us

Re: Pop up request window

Bob Arning
You'll get something (but perhaps not quite what you want) if you wrap this code in

canvas form: [
].

Cheers,
Bob

On 11/9/10 11:48 AM, Alexandre BP wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to pop up a window when clicking on a button. (very simple thing)
I tried this:
renderSubmitNewFolderOn: canvas

canvas div
id:'button';
with: [
canvas button
callback: [self inform: 'Hello, World!'.];
with: 'add folder'.
].

this method is called within the renderContentOn:canvas like this:

self renderSubmitNewFolderOn:canvas.

It doesn't work at all. Nothing appears when I click on the button...

Thx in advance.

alex
_______________________________________________ seaside mailing list [hidden email] http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/seaside

RE: Pop up request window

Alexandre BP
Unfortunately nothing appears... I just move up to the top of my webpage... no pop up even with the button in  a canvas form:
:'(

Re: Pop up request window

Bob Arning
Hmm..

for me, this

renderInformOn: html

html form: [
    html button
        callback: [self inform: 'Hello, World!'.];
        with: 'add folder'.
]

when clicked will replace the contents of the current page with

When Ok is clicked, the original page is re-rendered.

Cheers,
Bob

On 11/9/10 1:21 PM, Alexandre BP wrote:
Unfortunately nothing appears... I just move up to the top of my webpage... no pop up even with the button in  a canvas form:
:'(

RE: Pop up request window

Alexandre BP
Yeah, however I would like to stay on the same page but just have a little pop up window.
Is it possible? as in javascript there is: alert('hello world');

Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 13:39:41 -0500
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]

Hmm..

for me, this

renderInformOn: html

html form: [
    html button
        callback: [self inform: 'Hello, World!'.];
        with: 'add folder'.
]

when clicked will replace the contents of the current page with

When Ok is clicked, the original page is re-rendered.

Cheers,
Bob

On 11/9/10 1:21 PM, Alexandre BP wrote:
Unfortunately nothing appears... I just move up to the top of my webpage... no pop up even with the button in  a canvas form:
:'(

Re: Pop up request window

Bob Arning
That's what I meant by not quite getting what you want. This seems more like what you want...

renderInformOn: html

html form: [
    html button
        onClick: (html javascript alert: 'Hello, World!');
        with: 'add folder'.
]

Cheers,
Bob

Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 13:39:41 -0500
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]

Hmm..

for me, this

renderInformOn: html

html form: [
    html button
        callback: [self inform: 'Hello, World!'.];
        with: 'add folder'.
]

when clicked will replace the contents of the current page with

When Ok is clicked, the original page is re-rendered.

Cheers,
Bob

On 11/9/10 1:21 PM, Alexandre BP wrote:
Unfortunately nothing appears... I just move up to the top of my webpage... no pop up even with the button in  a canvas form:
:'(

RE: Pop up request window

Alexandre BP
That is exactly what I want!! well almost :p

If I could do:
name := html javascript prompt:'Enter your name'

It would be even better :D

Thx everyone!
Smalltalk rocks!!!

Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 13:39:41 -0500