Populating a list or tree dynamically in Glamour

Populating a list or tree dynamically in Glamour

hernanmd
Hi Doru and all,

Your recently announced dynamic features of Glamour might be handy for a
browser I am trying to build. My example code below contains a couple of
buttons. When clicked, a list or tree should appear, and be populated
(with the contents of the selection from user), below the button.

Please evaluate the following code:

| browser |
browser := GLMTabulator new.
browser
        column: [: a | a row: #inputdata;
                        row: #dictionary;
                        row: #territories ];
        column: [: a | a row: [ :r | r column: #start; column: #end ] span: 10;
                        row: #info span: 3;
                        row: #actions ]
        span: 6.
browser transmit to: #inputdata; andShow: [ : a |
        a title: 'Input Data'.
        a actionList
                        act: [: entity | (UIManager default chooseDirectory: 'Select
directory' from: FileSystem root) ifNotNilDo: [: dir | self halt ] ]
                        entitled: 'Load...' ].
browser transmit to: #dictionary; andShow: [ : a |
        a list title: 'Data Dictionary' ].
browser transmit to: #territories; andShow: [ : a |
        a title: 'Territory Data'.
        a actionList
                act: [: entity | (UIManager default chooseFileMatching: #('*.txt')
label: 'Choose a TXT') ifNotNilDo: [: file | self halt ] ]
                entitled: 'Load...'].
browser transmit to: #info; andShow: [:a |
                a text display: [ : x | 'Select input data' ]; title: 'Log' ].
browser
        title: 'My Browser';
        openOn: (1 to: 10).

It seems I have two issues here:

- How to tell Glamour: "Create a list below this button".
- How to populate the list with new contents

Do you have any suggestions?

Cheers,

Hernán

Re: Populating a list or tree dynamically in Glamour

Stephan Eggermont-3
Hi Hernan,

If you want some examples of working with dynamic browsers,
just download two packages from ss3.gemstone.com/ss/SpaTutorial
into a Moose 4.8

TutorialBrowser and XPDays2012

then open a workspace and do

XPTutorial open

Some pages will be missing because Monticello doesn't support
long methods, and the exercises need the other packages
and some data.

Stephan

Re: Populating a list or tree dynamically in Glamour

hernanmd
Hi Stephan,
Nice work indeed! As you said, some pages are missing and I would like to know if there is an example of what I am looking for. Is there a way you can send me the contents of the following methods:

TextFigureIconContents
eventmachine.csv
codecutyIconContents
IsisIconContents
IsisQIconContents
gherkinIconContents
storyIconContents
InnoBrowserIconContents

cheers,

Hernan

2013/8/26 Stephan Eggermont <[hidden email]>
Hi Hernan,

If you want some examples of working with dynamic browsers,
just download two packages from ss3.gemstone.com/ss/SpaTutorial
into a Moose 4.8

TutorialBrowser and XPDays2012

then open a workspace and do

XPTutorial open

Some pages will be missing because Monticello doesn't support
long methods, and the exercises need the other packages
and some data.

Stephan

Re: Populating a list or tree dynamically in Glamour

Stephan Eggermont-3
The 7 pictures you can find at:

http://flickr.com/gp/35787002@N03/eCy97E/

The data from the ruby projects I can mail you.
1.7 MB zip. I remember I did something
unpractical with the root directory for the
csv files. It is hardcoded in ConfigurationOfEggRace
(which isn't a Metacello configuration)

Stephan

Re: Populating a list or tree dynamically in Glamour

hernanmd
Thank you Stephan!
Cheers,

Hernán