Porting Aida to Cuis

Janko Mivšek
Hi guys,

I'd like to port just released Aida/Web 6.8 to Cuis, which looks quite a
nice Smalltalk (congrats to Juan and other contributors).

But I'm short of time. It would help me a lot if someone just load
SPort, Swazoo and Aida to Cuis from a SqueakSource, then I can try to
investigate any problems. At the end you can help me again publishing
the Cuis way. But if someone do a whole port by yourself, even better.

There is a port done by German, which can help solve any differences
between Squeak and Cuis needed to run Aida. There is also SPort
portability layer as a prerequisite already ported.

 From the announcement on Squeak mailing list:

Dear Squeakers,

Aida got recently a development push and together with improvements over
several years it is now a time for a new release.

Main effort was put on realtime and Single-Page Applications (SPA) to be
prepared for a forthcoming decade of web development. A dependency
mechanism was introduced for domain objects to announce its changes
easily. Web apps can subscribe to changes and update elements of a web
page accordingly.

Multitab support is another improvement to mention, also many minor ones
and patches, more in https://www.aidaweb.si/release-notes-6.8

To install on Squeak (tested on latest 5.3 64bit):

i := Installer monticello http: 'http://squeaksource.com'.
i  project: 'SPort';
    install: 'Sport-2.031'.
i  project: 'Swazoo';
    install: 'Swazoo-2.4final.2'.
i  project: 'Aida';
    install: 'Aida-6.8final.2'.

.. then open http://localhost:8888 .

Aida/Web is a Smalltalk web framework for building dynamic web
applications the Smalltalk way. From classical to single-page web apps,
on high-level so that building web apps becomes a joy, not a hassle!
https://www.aidaweb.si

Best regards
Janko

Re: Porting Aida to Cuis

Phil B
Janko,

I updated German's port up to the 'latest' release (I believe 6.6) available at the time (https://github.com/pbella/Cuis-Smalltalk-Aida) which might make updating a bit easier.

Thanks,
Phil

On Mon, May 25, 2020 at 9:16 AM Janko Mivšek <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi guys,

I'd like to port just released Aida/Web 6.8 to Cuis, which looks quite a
nice Smalltalk (congrats to Juan and other contributors).

But I'm short of time. It would help me a lot if someone just load
SPort, Swazoo and Aida to Cuis from a SqueakSource, then I can try to
investigate any problems. At the end you can help me again publishing
the Cuis way. But if someone do a whole port by yourself, even better.

There is a port done by German, which can help solve any differences
between Squeak and Cuis needed to run Aida. There is also SPort
portability layer as a prerequisite already ported.

 From the announcement on Squeak mailing list:

[...]

Thanks Phil for that info and of course for a port!

We moved further discussion on Cuis-dev list and I hope you'll join there.

Best regards
Janko