Porting data from Pharo to GLASS with SIXX

Porting data from Pharo to GLASS with SIXX

dario trussardi
Hi,

        i need to port some data from Pharo environment to GLASS 3.1.0.1.

        In Pharo i load the ConfigurationOfSIXX 0.3.6.

        I create the xmlstring  relative to a dictionary with aDictionary sixxString and save it as a method of  MyPortingClass

        Into Pharo i can create the object from xmlString without problem.

        In Glass i load the ConfigurationOfGsSIXX 0.3-c   and i port the package with the  MyPortingClass.

        When into GLASS i read the xmlString with    Object readSixxFrom: xmlString the system erase the error:

AbstractException >> _signalWith: (envId 0)
AbstractException >> signal (envId 0)
Object >> _error:args: (envId 0)
Object >> _errorIndexOutOfRange: (envId 0)
Object >> at:put: (envId 0)
XMLOrderedList >> at:put: (envId 0)
SequenceableCollection >> reverse (envId 0)
Object >> initializeInstVarsFromSixxElement:context: (envId 0)
Object >> initializeFromSixxElement:context: (envId 0)
Behavior >> newInstanceFromSixxElement:context: (envId 0)
Behavior >> fromSixxElement:context: (envId 0)
Behavior >> readSixxFromSixxElement:context: (envId 0)
Behavior >> readSixxFrom:context:persistentRoot: (envId 0)
Behavior >> readSixxFrom: (envId 0)

DTRDataBase class >> readSixxDbInsByEnvironment:createForEnvironment: (envId 0)
[] in  DTRDataBase class >> readSixxDataByEnvironment:createForEnvironment: (envId 0)
Collection >> do: (envId 0)
DTRDataBase class >> readSixxDataByEnvironment:createForEnvironment: (envId 0)
Executed Code
String >> evaluateInContext:symbolList: (envId 0)
JadeServer >> evaluate:inContext: (envId 0)
JadeServer >> printIt:in: (envId 0)
GsNMethod class >> _gsReturnToC (envId 0)

Any suggestions ?

I need to bring the data with some other approach?

Thanks,

                Dario

Re: Porting data from Pharo to GLASS with SIXX

Dale Henrichs
Dario,

It looks like SIXX hasn't been ported to GemStone 3.1.0.1 yet ... I get a bunch of errors when I run the SIXX test cases (the SIXX tests run clean on GemStone 2.4.x) ... I'll take a look at the failures today and see if I can clean things up for GemStone 3.x...

Dale

| i need to port some data from Pharo environment to GLASS 3.1.0.1.
|

| In Pharo i load the ConfigurationOfSIXX 0.3.6.
|

| I create the xmlstring  relative to a dictionary with aDictionary
| sixxString and save it as a method of  MyPortingClass
|
| Into Pharo i can create the object from xmlString without problem.
|

| In Glass i load the ConfigurationOfGsSIXX 0.3-c   and i port the
| package with the  MyPortingClass.
|

| When into GLASS i read the xmlString with    Object readSixxFrom:
| xmlString the system erase the error:
|

| AbstractException >> _signalWith: (envId 0)
| AbstractException >> signal (envId 0)
| Object >> _error:args: (envId 0)
| Object >> _errorIndexOutOfRange: (envId 0)
| Object >> at:put: (envId 0)
| XMLOrderedList >> at:put: (envId 0)
| SequenceableCollection >> reverse (envId 0)
| Object >> initializeInstVarsFromSixxElement:context: (envId 0)
| Object >> initializeFromSixxElement:context: (envId 0)
| Behavior >> newInstanceFromSixxElement:context: (envId 0)
| Behavior >> fromSixxElement:context: (envId 0)
| Behavior >> readSixxFromSixxElement:context: (envId 0)
| Behavior >> readSixxFrom:context:persistentRoot: (envId 0)
| Behavior >> readSixxFrom: (envId 0)
|

| DTRDataBase class >> readSixxDbInsByEnvironment:createForEnvironment:
| (envId 0)
| [] in  DTRDataBase class >>
| readSixxDataByEnvironment:createForEnvironment: (envId 0)
| Collection >> do: (envId 0)
| DTRDataBase class >> readSixxDataByEnvironment:createForEnvironment:
| (envId 0)
| Executed Code
| String >> evaluateInContext:symbolList: (envId 0)
| JadeServer >> evaluate:inContext: (envId 0)
| JadeServer >> printIt:in: (envId 0)
| GsNMethod class >> _gsReturnToC (envId 0)
|

| Any suggestions ?
|

| I need to bring the data with some other approach?
|

| Thanks,
|
| Dario

Re: Porting data from Pharo to GLASS with SIXX

Dale Henrichs
Dario,

After a quick look it looks like SIXX needs to be updated for GemStone 3.1. The failures are occuring in the area of UTF8 support ....

Dale
| It looks like SIXX hasn't been ported to GemStone 3.1.0.1 yet ... I
| get a bunch of errors when I run the SIXX test cases (the SIXX tests
| run clean on GemStone 2.4.x) ... I'll take a look at the failures
| today and see if I can clean things up for GemStone 3.x...
|
| Dale

| |
| | i need to port some data from Pharo environment to GLASS 3.1.0.1.
| |
| |
| | In Pharo i load the ConfigurationOfSIXX 0.3.6.
| |
| |
| | I create the xmlstring  relative to a dictionary with
| | aDictionary
| | sixxString and save it as a method of  MyPortingClass
| |
| | Into Pharo i can create the object from xmlString without problem.
| |
| |
| | In Glass i load the ConfigurationOfGsSIXX 0.3-c   and i port the
| | package with the  MyPortingClass.
| |
| |
| | When into GLASS i read the xmlString with    Object readSixxFrom:
| | xmlString the system erase the error:
| |
| |
| | AbstractException >> _signalWith: (envId 0)
| | AbstractException >> signal (envId 0)
| | Object >> _error:args: (envId 0)
| | Object >> _errorIndexOutOfRange: (envId 0)
| | Object >> at:put: (envId 0)
| | XMLOrderedList >> at:put: (envId 0)
| | SequenceableCollection >> reverse (envId 0)
| | Object >> initializeInstVarsFromSixxElement:context: (envId 0)
| | Object >> initializeFromSixxElement:context: (envId 0)
| | Behavior >> newInstanceFromSixxElement:context: (envId 0)
| | Behavior >> fromSixxElement:context: (envId 0)
| | Behavior >> readSixxFromSixxElement:context: (envId 0)
| | Behavior >> readSixxFrom:context:persistentRoot: (envId 0)
| | Behavior >> readSixxFrom: (envId 0)
| |
| |
| |
| | DTRDataBase class >>
| | readSixxDbInsByEnvironment:createForEnvironment:
| | (envId 0)
| | [] in  DTRDataBase class >>
| | readSixxDataByEnvironment:createForEnvironment: (envId 0)
| | Collection >> do: (envId 0)
| | DTRDataBase class >>
| | readSixxDataByEnvironment:createForEnvironment:
| | (envId 0)
| | Executed Code
| | String >> evaluateInContext:symbolList: (envId 0)
| | JadeServer >> evaluate:inContext: (envId 0)
| | JadeServer >> printIt:in: (envId 0)
| | GsNMethod class >> _gsReturnToC (envId 0)
| |
| |
| | Any suggestions ?
| |
| |
| | I need to bring the data with some other approach?
| |
| |
| | Thanks,
| |
| | Dario
| |
| |

Re: Porting data from Pharo to GLASS with SIXX

Larry Kellogg
Maybe I'm missing something, but am I going to have to use something like SIXX to move Gemstone objects from a 2..4.4.1 extent to a 3.1.0.1 extent? I was hoping there was some automatic way of doing that during an upgrade or that I could upgrade an existing extent.  :-)

Larry

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 7, 2012, at 5:11 PM, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dario,
>
> After a quick look it looks like SIXX needs to be updated for GemStone 3.1. The failures are occuring in the area of UTF8 support ....
>
> Dale

Larry,

During the upgrade from 2.4.x to 3.x, the objects in the repository will be automatically converted so no need to transfer objects separately.

SIXX tends to get used when moving objects between Pharo and GemStone or one instance of GemStone to another instance of GemStone.

Dale

| Maybe I'm missing something, but am I going to have to use something
| like SIXX to move Gemstone objects from a 2..4.4.1 extent to a
| 3.1.0.1 extent? I was hoping there was some automatic way of doing
| that during an upgrade or that I could upgrade an existing extent.
|  :-)
|
| Larry
|
| Sent from my iPhone
|
| On Dec 7, 2012, at 5:11 PM, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]>
| wrote:
|
| > Dario,
| >
| > After a quick look it looks like SIXX needs to be updated for
| > GemStone 3.1. The failures are occuring in the area of UTF8
| > support ....
| >
| > Dale
| > |
| > | Dario,
| > |
| > | It looks like SIXX hasn't been ported to GemStone 3.1.0.1 yet ...
| > | get a bunch of errors when I run the SIXX test cases (the SIXX
| > | tests
| > | run clean on GemStone 2.4.x) ... I'll take a look at the failures
| > | today and see if I can clean things up for GemStone 3.x...
| > |
| > | Dale
| > |
| > | |
| > | |
| > | |
| > | |
| > | |
| > | |
| > | |
| > | |
| > | |
| > | |
| > | |
| > | |
| > | |
| > | |
| > | |
| > | |
| > | |
| > | |
| > | |
| > | |
| > | |
| > | |
| > | |
| > | |
| > |

Re: Porting data from Pharo to GLASS with SIXX

Dale Henrichs
Dario,

I have saved a new version of ConfigurationGsSIXX with 0.3-c ported to GemStone3.1.x.  I didn't explicitly see the stack that you reported, but there were definitely several issues related to SIXX working correctly on GemStone3.1.

Try the new version and let me know if you are still seeing the issue.

Dale

| i need to port some data from Pharo environment to GLASS 3.1.0.1.
|

| In Pharo i load the ConfigurationOfSIXX 0.3.6.
|

| I create the xmlstring  relative to a dictionary with aDictionary
| sixxString and save it as a method of  MyPortingClass
|
| Into Pharo i can create the object from xmlString without problem.
|

| In Glass i load the ConfigurationOfGsSIXX 0.3-c   and i port the
| package with the  MyPortingClass.
|

| When into GLASS i read the xmlString with    Object readSixxFrom:
| xmlString the system erase the error:
|

| AbstractException >> _signalWith: (envId 0)
| AbstractException >> signal (envId 0)
| Object >> _error:args: (envId 0)
| Object >> _errorIndexOutOfRange: (envId 0)
| Object >> at:put: (envId 0)
| XMLOrderedList >> at:put: (envId 0)
| SequenceableCollection >> reverse (envId 0)
| Object >> initializeInstVarsFromSixxElement:context: (envId 0)
| Object >> initializeFromSixxElement:context: (envId 0)
| Behavior >> newInstanceFromSixxElement:context: (envId 0)
| Behavior >> fromSixxElement:context: (envId 0)
| Behavior >> readSixxFromSixxElement:context: (envId 0)
| Behavior >> readSixxFrom:context:persistentRoot: (envId 0)
| Behavior >> readSixxFrom: (envId 0)
|

| DTRDataBase class >> readSixxDbInsByEnvironment:createForEnvironment:
| (envId 0)
| [] in  DTRDataBase class >>
| readSixxDataByEnvironment:createForEnvironment: (envId 0)
| Collection >> do: (envId 0)
| DTRDataBase class >> readSixxDataByEnvironment:createForEnvironment:
| (envId 0)
| Executed Code
| String >> evaluateInContext:symbolList: (envId 0)
| JadeServer >> evaluate:inContext: (envId 0)
| JadeServer >> printIt:in: (envId 0)
| GsNMethod class >> _gsReturnToC (envId 0)
|

| Any suggestions ?
|

| I need to bring the data with some other approach?
|

| Thanks,
|
| Dario

Re: Porting data from Pharo to GLASS with SIXX

Larry Kellogg
Thanks, Dale, that's what I thought would happen. So, my rough plan is to install 3.1.0.1 on my Mac laptop and then upgrade my staging environment on AWS. Then, I should be able to be able to make a backup of Staging and apply it to the Gemstone running on my laptop. After that all works, I'll upgrade my production server to 3.1.0.1 and take a backup from it for local development.

I want to go back to developing new code locally because there is a slight lag when using the remote AWS servers.

  Any thoughts?

  Regards,

  Larry

On Dec 7, 2012, at 6:00 PM, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Larry,
>
> During the upgrade from 2.4.x to 3.x, the objects in the repository will be automatically converted so no need to transfer objects separately.
>
> SIXX tends to get used when moving objects between Pharo and GemStone or one instance of GemStone to another instance of GemStone.
>
> Dale

That sounds like a plan ... be aware the 3.1.0.2 will be released real soon now, so you might want to hold your upgrade to 3.1.0.1 to production ... testing your upgrade against 3.1.0.1 is a good idea, but you should plan on using 3.1.0.2 for the final production runs...

Yes, dev over the WAN is not too responsive. I _am_ working on topez/tODE that should behave better over the WAN, but it isn't available yet ... (hard to estimate, because I'm scheduled to do some work on indexing for 3.2 starting at beginning of the year) ...

Dale

| Thanks, Dale, that's what I thought would happen. So, my rough plan
| is to install 3.1.0.1 on my Mac laptop and then upgrade my staging
| environment on AWS. Then, I should be able to be able to make a
| backup of Staging and apply it to the Gemstone running on my laptop.
| After that all works, I'll upgrade my production server to 3.1.0.1
| and take a backup from it for local development.
|
| I want to go back to developing new code locally because there is a
| slight lag when using the remote AWS servers.
|
|   Any thoughts?
|
|   Regards,
|
|   Larry
|

| On Dec 7, 2012, at 6:00 PM, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]>
| wrote:
|
| > Larry,
| >
| > During the upgrade from 2.4.x to 3.x, the objects in the repository
| > will be automatically converted so no need to transfer objects
| > separately.
| >
| > SIXX tends to get used when moving objects between Pharo and
| > GemStone or one instance of GemStone to another instance of
| > GemStone.
| >
| > Dale

| > |
| > | Maybe I'm missing something, but am I going to have to use
| > | something
| > | like SIXX to move Gemstone objects from a 2..4.4.1 extent to a
| > | 3.1.0.1 extent? I was hoping there was some automatic way of
| > | doing
| > | that during an upgrade or that I could upgrade an existing
| > | extent.
| > |  :-)
| > |
| > | Larry
| > |
| > | Sent from my iPhone
| > |
| > | On Dec 7, 2012, at 5:11 PM, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]>
| > | wrote:
| > |
> [...]
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > | |
| > | > | |
| > | > | |
| > | > | |
| > | > | |
| > | > | |
| > | > | |
| > | > | |
| > | > | |
| > | > | |
| > | > | |
| > | > | |
| > | > | |
| > | > | |
| > | > | |
| > | > | |
| > | > | |
| > | > | |
| > | > | |
| > | > | |
| > | > | |
| > | > | |
| > | > | |
| > | > | |
| > | > | |
| > | > |
| > |

Re: Porting data from Pharo to GLASS with SIXX

Dale Henrichs
The 3.1.0.2 bits have just been released ... I should have a blog post with details written next week sometime. Until then:

  http://community.gemstone.com/download/attachments/6816862/GS64-ReleaseNotes-3.1.0.2.pdf
  ftp://ftp.gemstone.com/pub/GemStone64/3.1.0.2/

Dale

| That sounds like a plan ... be aware the 3.1.0.2 will be released
| real soon now, so you might want to hold your upgrade to 3.1.0.1 to
| production ... testing your upgrade against 3.1.0.1 is a good idea,
| but you should plan on using 3.1.0.2 for the final production
| runs...
|
| Yes, dev over the WAN is not too responsive. I _am_ working on
| topez/tODE that should behave better over the WAN, but it isn't
| available yet ... (hard to estimate, because I'm scheduled to do
| some work on indexing for 3.2 starting at beginning of the year) ...
|
| Dale

| |
| | Thanks, Dale, that's what I thought would happen. So, my rough plan
| | is to install 3.1.0.1 on my Mac laptop and then upgrade my staging
| | environment on AWS. Then, I should be able to be able to make a
| | backup of Staging and apply it to the Gemstone running on my
| | laptop.
| | After that all works, I'll upgrade my production server to 3.1.0.1
| | and take a backup from it for local development.
| |
| | I want to go back to developing new code locally because there is a
| | slight lag when using the remote AWS servers.
| |
| |   Any thoughts?
| |
| |   Regards,
| |
| |   Larry
| |
| |
| | On Dec 7, 2012, at 6:00 PM, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]>
| | wrote:
| |
| | > Larry,
| | >
| | > During the upgrade from 2.4.x to 3.x, the objects in the
| | > repository
| | > will be automatically converted so no need to transfer objects
| | > separately.
| | >
| | > SIXX tends to get used when moving objects between Pharo and
| | > GemStone or one instance of GemStone to another instance of
| | > GemStone.
| | >
| | > Dale

| | > |
| | > |
| | > |
| | > |
| | > |
> [...]
| | > | > |
| | > | > |
| | > | > |
| | > | > |
| | > | > | |
| | > | > | |
| | > | > | |
| | > | > | |
| | > | > | |
| | > | > | |
| | > | > | |
| | > | > | |
| | > | > | |
| | > | > | |
| | > | > | |
| | > | > | |
| | > | > | |
| | > | > | |
| | > | > | |
| | > | > | |
| | > | > | |
| | > | > | |
| | > | > | |
| | > | > | |
| | > | > | |
| | > | > | |
| | > | > | |
| | > | > | |
| | > | > | |
| | > | > |
| | > |
| |
| |

Re: Porting data from Pharo to GLASS with SIXX

Larry Kellogg
Dale,

On Dec 7, 2012, at 7:57 PM, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Larry,
>
> That sounds like a plan ... be aware the 3.1.0.2 will be released real soon now, so you might want to hold your upgrade to 3.1.0.1 to production ... testing your upgrade against 3.1.0.1 is a good idea, but you should plan on using 3.1.0.2 for the final production runs…

  Thanks for the suggestion. I see that you have just released 3.1.0.2. I'll go straight to that version and start working with it.

> Yes, dev over the WAN is not too responsive. I _am_ working on topez/tODE that should behave better over the WAN, but it isn't available yet ... (hard to estimate, because I'm scheduled to do some work on indexing for 3.2 starting at beginning of the year) …

  No problem, I developed my whole system locally before deploying it to GLASS. I just have to get back to that environment and figure out a good way to manage my development. I can't put up with lag, it is just something that drives me up a wall.

  Regards,

  Larry

> Dale

I load it  after ( update the package ) with:    ConfigurationOfGsSIXX load

Try the new version and let me know if you are still seeing the issue.

Dale

Now i run the:

SixxExamples example1     -> work fine

SixxExamples example2 ->

erase the dialog error : a Halt occurred (error 2709), Debug Warning: a SixxFormatterNotFound occurred (notification 2731): - G/S[MonvisoGruppi:1]

A1) if i select the relative dialog debug option:

a Halt occurred (error 2709), Debug Warning: a SixxFormatterNotFound occurred (notification 2731): - G/S[MonvisoGruppi:1]
AbstractException >> _signalWith: (envId 0) AbstractException >> signal: (envId 0) AbstractException class >> signal: (envId 0) Object >> halt: (envId 0) Warning >> defaultAction (envId 0) SixxWarning >> defaultAction (envId 0) AbstractException >> _signalWith: (envId 0) AbstractException >> signal (envId 0) SixxWarning class >> signal:element:context: (envId 0) Behavior >> formatterFromSixxElement:for:context: (envId 0) Behavior >> newInstanceFromSixxElement:context: (envId 0) Behavior >> fromSixxElement:context: (envId 0) Behavior >> readSixxFromSixxElement:context: (envId 0) Behavior >> readSixxFrom:context:persistentRoot: (envId 0) Behavior >> readSixxFrom: (envId 0) SixxExamples class >> example2 (envId 0) Executed Code String >> evaluateInContext:symbolList: (envId 0) JadeServer >> evaluate:inContext: (envId 0) JadeServer >> printIt:in: (envId 0) GsNMethod class >> _gsReturnToC (envId 0)

A2) if select the dialog proced option:

a OffsetError occurred (error 2003), reason:objErrBadOffsetIncomplete, max:1 actual:3 -  G/S[MonvisoGruppi:1]

AbstractException >> _signalWith: (envId 0) AbstractException >> signal (envId 0) Object >> _error:args: (envId 0) Object >> _errorIndexOutOfRange: (envId 0) Object >> at:put: (envId 0) XMLOrderedList >> at:put: (envId 0) SequenceableCollection >> reverse (envId 0) SequenceableCollection >> initializeFromSixxElement:context: (envId 0) Behavior >> newInstanceFromSixxElement:context: (envId 0) Behavior >> fromSixxElement:context: (envId 0) Behavior >> readSixxFromSixxElement:context: (envId 0) Behavior >> readSixxFrom:context:persistentRoot: (envId 0) Behavior >> readSixxFrom: (envId 0) SixxExamples class >> example2 (envId 0) Executed Code String >> evaluateInContext:symbolList: (envId 0) JadeServer >> evaluate:inContext: (envId 0) JadeServer >> printIt:in: (envId 0) GsNMethod class >> _gsReturnToC (envId 0)

I hope this considerations can help.

Thanks,
Dario

Re: Porting data from Pharo to GLASS with SIXX

Dale Henrichs
Dario,

Okay ... it looks like there is only spotty test coverage of the SIXX examples ... I'll have to dig into this some more ...

Dale

> [...]
| _errorIndexOutOfRange: (envId 0) Object >> at:put: (envId 0)
| XMLOrderedList >> at:put: (envId 0) SequenceableCollection >>
| reverse (envId 0) SequenceableCollection >>
| initializeFromSixxElement:context: (envId 0) Behavior >>
| newInstanceFromSixxElement:context: (envId 0) Behavior >>
| fromSixxElement:context: (envId 0) Behavior >>
| readSixxFromSixxElement:context: (envId 0) Behavior >>
| readSixxFrom:context:persistentRoot: (envId 0) Behavior >>
| readSixxFrom: (envId 0) SixxExamples class >> example2 (envId 0)
| Executed Code String >> evaluateInContext:symbolList: (envId 0)
| JadeServer >> evaluate:inContext: (envId 0) JadeServer >>
| printIt:in: (envId 0) GsNMethod class >> _gsReturnToC (envId 0)
|

| I hope this considerations can help.
|

| Thanks,
|
| Dario

Re: Porting data from Pharo to GLASS with SIXX

Ignoring the spotty test coverage, I don't get an error when I run SixxExamples class>>example2...

I loaded the fixed version of SIXX into a fresh 3.1.0.1 image, while you updated to the fixed version, so I assume that you are hitting initialization issues. For the particular problem you are seeing right now, you should evaluate the following:

  SixxClassResolver initialize.
  SixxFormatterResolver initialize.

There may be others so it is probably worthwhile running the full test suite to flush out any other initialization issues ... Let me know if you find additional initializers to run and I'll update the configuration to run the problematic initializations after each load ...

I'll also update the test coverage so that at least each of the examples is run without error ...

Dale

| Okay ... it looks like there is only spotty test coverage of the SIXX
| examples ... I'll have to dig into this some more ...
|
| Dale

| |
| |
| | Dale,
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| | I have saved a new version of ConfigurationGsSIXX with 0.3-c ported
| | to GemStone3.1.x. I didn't explicitly see the stack that you
| | reported, but there were definitely several issues related to SIXX
| | working correctly on GemStone3.1.
| |
| |
| |
| |
| | I load it after ( update the package ) with: ConfigurationOfGsSIXX
| | load
| |
| |
| | Try the new version and let me know if you are still seeing the
| | issue.
| |
| | Dale
| |
| |
| |
| |
| | Now i run the:
| |
| |
| | SixxExamples example1 -> work fine
| |
| |
| | SixxExamples example2 ->
| |
| |
| | erase the dialog error : a Halt occurred (error 2709), Debug
| | Warning:
| | a SixxFormatterNotFound occurred (notification 2731): -
| | G/S[MonvisoGruppi:1]
| |
| |
| |
| |
| | A1) if i select the relative dialog debug option:
| |
| |
| |
| |
| | a Halt occurred (error 2709), Debug Warning: a
| | SixxFormatterNotFound
| | occurred (notification 2731): - G/S[MonvisoGruppi:1]
| |
| | AbstractException >> _signalWith: (envId 0) AbstractException >>
| | signal: (envId 0) AbstractException class >> signal: (envId 0)
| | Object >> halt: (envId 0) Warning >> defaultAction (envId 0)
| | SixxWarning >> defaultAction (envId 0) AbstractException >>
| | _signalWith: (envId 0) AbstractException >> signal (envId 0)
| | SixxWarning class >> signal:element:context: (envId 0) Behavior >>
| | formatterFromSixxElement:for:context: (envId 0) Behavior >>
| | newInstanceFromSixxElement:context: (envId 0) Behavior >>
| | fromSixxElement:context: (envId 0) Behavior >>
| | readSixxFromSixxElement:context: (envId 0) Behavior >>
| | readSixxFrom:context:persistentRoot: (envId 0) Behavior >>
| | readSixxFrom: (envId 0) SixxExamples class >> example2 (envId 0)
| | Executed Code String >> evaluateInContext:symbolList: (envId 0)
| | JadeServer >> evaluate:inContext: (envId 0) JadeServer >>
| | printIt:in: (envId 0) GsNMethod class >> _gsReturnToC (envId 0)
| |
| |
| |
| |
| | A2) if select the dialog proced option:
| |
| |
| | a OffsetError occurred (error 2003),
| | reason:objErrBadOffsetIncomplete, max:1 actual:3 -
| | G/S[MonvisoGruppi:1]
| |
| |
| | AbstractException >> _signalWith: (envId 0) AbstractException >>
| | signal (envId 0) Object >> _error:args: (envId 0) Object >>
| | _errorIndexOutOfRange: (envId 0) Object >> at:put: (envId 0)
| | XMLOrderedList >> at:put: (envId 0) SequenceableCollection >>
| | reverse (envId 0) SequenceableCollection >>
| | initializeFromSixxElement:context: (envId 0) Behavior >>
| | newInstanceFromSixxElement:context: (envId 0) Behavior >>
| | fromSixxElement:context: (envId 0) Behavior >>
| | readSixxFromSixxElement:context: (envId 0) Behavior >>
| | readSixxFrom:context:persistentRoot: (envId 0) Behavior >>
| | readSixxFrom: (envId 0) SixxExamples class >> example2 (envId 0)
| | Executed Code String >> evaluateInContext:symbolList: (envId 0)
| | JadeServer >> evaluate:inContext: (envId 0) JadeServer >>
| | printIt:in: (envId 0) GsNMethod class >> _gsReturnToC (envId 0)
| |
| |
| |
| | I hope this considerations can help.
| |
| |
| |
| |
| | Thanks,
| |
| | Dario
| |
| |
| |
| |

Re: Porting data from Pharo to GLASS with SIXX

dario trussardi

Dale,

> Ignoring the spotty test coverage, I don't get an error when I run SixxExamples class>>example2...
>
> I loaded the fixed version of SIXX into a fresh 3.1.0.1 image, while you updated to the fixed version, so I assume that you are hitting initialization issues. For the particular problem you are seeing right now, you should evaluate the following:
>
>  SixxClassResolver initialize.
>  SixxFormatterResolver initialize.

 I do it in my GLASS 3.1.0.1  but  the SixxExamples example2   erase the same error.

In my image i don't found other Sixx........Resolver   to initialize.

I load the last SIXX into a fresh 3.1.0.2   and the SixxExamples  example2 work fine.

> There may be others so it is probably worthwhile running the full test suite to flush out any other initialization issues ... Let me know if you find additional initializers to run and I'll update the configuration to run the problematic initializations after each load ...
>
> I'll also update the test coverage so that at least each of the examples is run without error ...

In the GLASS 3.1.0.2   all examples work fine.

P.S  I have found a problem when i read the file create by

        "SixxExamples example7"

The error is relative to create the instance for  the    Color red xmlString  ( it reference Number subclass )

        but i think is relative to the Locale decimalPoint in my case ','

        Thanks,

                Dario

> Dale

Ciao Dale,

        into GLASS 3.1.0.2 i do some test about SIXX and all works fine.

        After i load a Pier3AddOns and it load a  XML-Parser.g-JohanBrichau.116.

        With it the  SixxExample erase the error as i report in the lasts e-mail.

        After i reload the XML-Parser.g-DaleHenrichs.93  and with it the sixx I/O works fine.

        In the  'http://seaside.gemstone.com/ss/XMLSupport' i found that the last version is XML-Parser.g-NorbertHartl.119

        What is the best version to load ?

        I can works with XML-Parser.g-DaleHenrichs.93 ?

        Thanks,

                Dario