(additional note on this -- I should have been more specific ...
what I end up with without the change to the list is
instances of MSCP1252String appearing in Gemstone of course
with no methods in the class, so things explode pretty quickly)
I just put together all of our code with GBS 7.3 and VW 7.7.
It works except for external (Windows XP) strings.
Strings that come via an external file are
However, the connector specs in
GbsSessionManager >> clientSpecificGlobalConnectorsList
do not include a conversion from MSCP1252String to ISOlatin
as they did previously. I see some work at the top of that method
but the generated list does not include what seems to be required.
When I added that conversion to the list, everything was fine.