Possible deprecations in Point and Collection

Possible deprecations in Point and Collection

Christoph Thiede

Hi all,

may it be possible that the following methods are no longer in use and could be deprecated for the sake of simplicity?

Point

#u, #v

(class) #u:v:

SequenceableCollection

#errorFirstObject:

#errorLastObject:

Best,

Christoph

Carpe Squeak!

Re: Possible deprecations in Point and Collection

Tobias Pape

> On 07.12.2019, at 17:40, Thiede, Christoph <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> may it be possible that the following methods are no longer in use and could be deprecated for the sake of simplicity?

> Point
> #u, #v
> (class) #u:v:

I don't think just because the base system does not use polar coordinates that it would be a good idea to drop support for them…

-t

> SequenceableCollection
> #errorFirstObject:
> #errorLastObject:
>
> Best,
> Christoph

Re: Possible deprecations in Point and Collection

Herbert König
Hi all,

r:degrees: is polar u:v is x:y: sending new instead of basicNew.

Polar coordinates are important to me, I have no opinion about the other.

Cheers, Herbert

Am 07.12.2019 um 19:14 schrieb Tobias Pape:

>> On 07.12.2019, at 17:40, Thiede, Christoph <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> may it be possible that the following methods are no longer in use and could be deprecated for the sake of simplicity?
>> Point
>> #u, #v
>> (class) #u:v:
> I don't think just because the base system does not use polar coordinates that it would be a good idea to drop support for them…
>
> -t
>
>> SequenceableCollection
>> #errorFirstObject:
>> #errorLastObject:
>>
>> Best,
>> Christoph

Re: Possible deprecations in Point and Collection

Beckmann, Tom
Hey,

u:v: are common synonyms for x:y: in 3d software when it comes to texture coordinates: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UV_mapping
Various 3D-related packages rely on this being defined and since we don't have a "general 3d extensions" package I think it will be rather hard for this to find a new home somewhere else.

Best,
Tom