PostgresV2 Driver available?

Esteban A. Maringolo
Hi,

Is anybody using the "old" PostgresV2 driver in Pharo 8?

I just checked in the pharo-rdbms/garage repository and of course
everything is very old there. But I'm having a few issues with P3 that
I didn't have before (with the PgV2) and I want to be test whether
there is something related with the connection or the problem lies
somewhere else.

Regards!

Esteban A. Maringolo

Re: PostgresV2 Driver available?

Jan Blizničenko
Hello,

actually, I do, although not with Garage or Glorp.

I am not sure how exactly is related version in
https://github.com/pharo-rdbms/garage and the one on
deprecated.smalltalkhub.com/#!/~PharoExtras/PostgresV2 ,
but I migrated the smalltalkhub one to
https://github.com/JanBliznicenko/PostgresV2 and updated dependencies for my
own purposes. It might be, however, actually even older than the one in
garage repository.

Best regards,
Jan

Esteban A. Maringolo wrote

> Hi,
>
> Is anybody using the "old" PostgresV2 driver in Pharo 8?
>
> I just checked in the pharo-rdbms/garage repository and of course
> everything is very old there. But I'm having a few issues with P3 that
> I didn't have before (with the PgV2) and I want to be test whether
> there is something related with the connection or the problem lies
> somewhere else.
>
> Regards!
>
> Esteban A. Maringolo

Re: PostgresV2 Driver available?

Stéphane Ducasse
Jan

may be we should host your version to pharo-rdbms?
So that people can find it.

S.

On 30 Aug 2020, at 13:49, Jan Blizničenko <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

03 59 35 87 52
Assistant: Aurore Dalle
FAX 03 59 57 78 50
TEL 03 59 35 86 16
S. Ducasse - Inria
40, avenue Halley,
Villeneuve d'Ascq 59650
France

Re: PostgresV2 Driver available?

Esteban A. Maringolo
Hi,

My question was done in a quest to crack an issue with Postgres which
was already solved, and it involved the connection, but it wasn't the
driver nor the server, but a firewall in between.

So I don't see the need, nor I think it would be advisable, to use the
v2 driver when the P3 is available and well tested and proven in
production.

Regards!

Esteban A. Maringolo