Posts Authorization

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi!

I am developing a website where the final user can post. However, I (or the rest of the webmasters) would like this post not to be publish inmediatly but it requieres my Authorization. I see that a post is publish if I put a publish date.

Can I set custom permissions to the "publish" command ?

What I tought is that perhaps I can subclass PRBlog and this one DOESN'T

Re: Posts Authorization

Mariano Martinez Peck
Sorry....gmail shortcuts...

Hi!

I am developing a website where the final user can post. However, I (or the rest of the webmasters) would like this post not to be publish immediately because it requires my Authorization. I see that a post is publish if I put a publish date.

Can I set custom permissions to the "publish" command ?

What I tough is that perhaps I can subclass PRBlog and this one DOESN'T add the output the "Publish". Then, I can have a report somewhere that can be only accesses by the admin, that lists all the posts that doesn't have a publish date, and let me put them a publish date (an the published).

Can this be a good idea?

Thanks in advance,

Mariano

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 11:36 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi!

I am developing a website where the final user can post. However, I (or the rest of the webmasters) would like this post not to be publish inmediatly but it requieres my Authorization. I see that a post is publish if I put a publish date.

Can I set custom permissions to the "publish" command ?

What I tought is that perhaps I can subclass PRBlog and this one DOESN'T

Re: Posts Authorization

Lukas Renggli
> What I tough is that perhaps I can subclass PRBlog and this one DOESN'T add
> the output the "Publish". Then, I can have a report somewhere that can be
> only accesses by the admin, that lists all the posts that doesn't have a
> publish date, and let me put them a publish date (an the published).
>
> Can this be a good idea?

Yeah, that's exactly what I would have suggested.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Posts Authorization

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 3:48 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
> What I tough is that perhaps I can subclass PRBlog and this one DOESN'T add
> the output the "Publish". Then, I can have a report somewhere that can be
> only accesses by the admin, that lists all the posts that doesn't have a
> publish date, and let me put them a publish date (an the published).
>
> Can this be a good idea?

Yeah, that's exactly what I would have suggested.

Ok. Perfect. So, this is what I will do then.

What about adding a new command "publish post" or something like this and being able to set this in "change owner" and "change group" ?

I mean, it would be very nice that a PRPost show the publish or not, depending if the user has access to the "publish post" action or similar.

However, I think this is more complicated. Isn't it ?

Thanks!

Mariano

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Posts Authorization

Lukas Renggli
>> Yeah, that's exactly what I would have suggested.
>
> Ok. Perfect. So, this is what I will do then.
>
> What about adding a new command "publish post" or something like this and
> being able to set this in "change owner" and "change group" ?
>
> I mean, it would be very nice that a PRPost show the publish or not,
> depending if the user has access to the "publish post" action or similar.
>
> However, I think this is more complicated. Isn't it ?\

Yeah, that's probably more complicated.

The yet simplest solution is to subclass PBBlog and override
#description. If the current user is not an admin user
(PRCurrentContext value user), you filter the publication date field.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Posts Authorization

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 3:01 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Yeah, that's exactly what I would have suggested.
>
> Ok. Perfect. So, this is what I will do then.
>
> What about adding a new command "publish post" or something like this and
> being able to set this in "change owner" and "change group" ?
>
> I mean, it would be very nice that a PRPost show the publish or not,
> depending if the user has access to the "publish post" action or similar.
>
> However, I think this is more complicated. Isn't it ?\

Yeah, that's probably more complicated.

The yet simplest solution is to subclass PBBlog and override
#description. If the current user is not an admin user
(PRCurrentContext value user), you filter the publication date field.

Lukas: Thanks! I start doing this. However I was having a problem. Till now I always use a 'admin' user that has a 'admin' group.
I created a new group called "finalUser". I create a user called "mariano" with that group. I went to "change group" with my admin user
and recursively I add "add comment" and "PRPost" permissions for the group "finalUser".

The problem is that I then try to login with "mariano" and I get this error: "    Error: you are forbidden to access "/seaside/pier""

The error is quite descriptive, but I don't know how to give "mariano" the correct access.

Thanks for the help.

Mariano

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Posts Authorization

Lukas Renggli
>> Yeah, that's probably more complicated.
>>
>> The yet simplest solution is to subclass PBBlog and override
>> #description. If the current user is not an admin user
>> (PRCurrentContext value user), you filter the publication date field.
>
> Lukas: Thanks! I start doing this. However I was having a problem. Till now
> I always use a 'admin' user that has a 'admin' group.
> I created a new group called "finalUser". I create a user called "mariano"
> with that group. I went to "change group" with my admin user
> and recursively I add "add comment" and "PRPost" permissions for the group
> "finalUser".

I tried to reproduce that, but it works for me. Did you give the view
permissions?

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Posts Authorization

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 7:14 AM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Yeah, that's probably more complicated.
>>
>> The yet simplest solution is to subclass PBBlog and override
>> #description. If the current user is not an admin user
>> (PRCurrentContext value user), you filter the publication date field.
>
> Lukas: Thanks! I start doing this. However I was having a problem. Till now
> I always use a 'admin' user that has a 'admin' group.
> I created a new group called "finalUser". I create a user called "mariano"
> with that group. I went to "change group" with my admin user
> and recursively I add "add comment" and "PRPost" permissions for the group
> "finalUser".

I tried to reproduce that, but it works for me. Did you give the view
permissions?

:)  That did the trick!  Thanks!

Now, the last thing I need is what I said in mail with subject "Link for adding a new post".

If that's not possible, can I filter the "Type" list when adding something to a blog ? Suppose you are a final user with finalUser group. You will be able to add a PRBlogWithAuthorization but won't be able to add a PRBlog. However, both of them are shown in the list. Ok, I that user selects a PRBlog then Pier says "permission denied". But, I would like to avoid this step. I mean, each user see in that list the thing he has permissions for.

Can I do this?

Thanks!

Mariano

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Posts Authorization

Lukas Renggli
> Now, the last thing I need is what I said in mail with subject "Link for
> adding a new post".

Sorry, I must have missed that part.

*Add Post>.|command=Add*

> If that's not possible, can I filter the "Type" list when adding something
> to a blog ?

To blogs you can only add posts anyway.

> Suppose you are a final user with finalUser group. You will be
> able to add a PRBlogWithAuthorization but won't be able to add a PRBlog.
> However, both of them are shown in the list. Ok, I that user selects a
> PRBlog then Pier says "permission denied". But, I would like to avoid this
> step. I mean, each user see in that list the thing he has permissions for.

I'll have to check this, I thought this was filtered?

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Posts Authorization

Lukas Renggli
>> Suppose you are a final user with finalUser group. You will be
>> able to add a PRBlogWithAuthorization but won't be able to add a PRBlog.
>> However, both of them are shown in the list. Ok, I that user selects a
>> PRBlog then Pier says "permission denied". But, I would like to avoid this
>> step. I mean, each user see in that list the thing he has permissions for.
>
> I'll have to check this, I thought this was filtered?

You are right, this is something I missed. I fixed this issue in
Pier-Security-lr.137. Please let me know if this solves the problem.

Name: Pier-Security-lr.137
Author: lr
Time: 30 April 2009, 12:06:13 am
UUID: 9ddcb800-7198-4937-8413-d979ffb01263
Ancestors: Pier-Security-lr.136

- only show the add actions, that the user actually has the permission for

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Posts Authorization

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 12:49 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Now, the last thing I need is what I said in mail with subject "Link for
> adding a new post".

Sorry, I must have missed that part.

*Add Post>.|command=Add*

First of all, thanks for your replies and interest :)

Suppose I am inside a blog. And there I want to put a link to add a blog. Just as "add" command but as a custom link in a custom place.
I put that but is like I miss the environment. The add is not interpreted for the blog, but for something general. How can I specify the environment to the link ?
or any way to solve this ?

> If that's not possible, can I filter the "Type" list when adding something
> to a blog ?

To blogs you can only add posts anyway.

That's exactly my question. If blogs can only add posts, can I avoid this step and go directly to add post? (the screen where I put name, author, publication and so on)... If so, how ?

Thanks!!!

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Posts Authorization

Mariano Martinez Peck

Author: lr
Time: 30 April 2009, 12:06:13 am
UUID: 9ddcb800-7198-4937-8413-d979ffb01263
Ancestors: Pier-Security-lr.136

- only show the add actions, that the user actually has the permission for

:) Perfect!!!!

Thanks a lot !!!

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Posts Authorization

Lukas Renggli
> That's exactly my question. If blogs can only add posts, can I avoid this
> step and go directly to add post? (the screen where I put name, author,
> publication and so on)... If so, how ?

Not at the moment, because you need to provide a name.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Posts Authorization

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 5:31 AM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
> That's exactly my question. If blogs can only add posts, can I avoid this
> step and go directly to add post? (the screen where I put name, author,
> publication and so on)... If so, how ?

Not at the moment, because you need to provide a name.

Ok. But perhaps (I don't know if magritte supports this) it can be configure (through settings command) the type list so that it only renders if it has more than one option. I would love the final user not to be aware of a "component type".

Thanks a lot!

Mariano

Lukas

Author: lr
Time: 30 April 2009, 12:06:13 am
UUID: 9ddcb800-7198-4937-8413-d979ffb01263
Ancestors: Pier-Security-lr.136

- only show the add actions, that the user actually has the permission for

Similar to this, I have another problem. Suppose finalUser group doesn't have view permission (recursively) in /xxx/_System Management  but have permission for adding a PRPostWithAuthentication. When a final user goes to add a Post, in the enchantments editor it has the "Link" and "embedded" options and the links they show, are ALL. Not just the links the user have view permission. Is this correct? If this is true, how can I modify it ?

Thanks a lot,

Mariano

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Posts Authorization

Lukas Renggli
> Similar to this, I have another problem. Suppose finalUser group doesn't
> have view permission (recursively) in /xxx/_System Management  but have
> permission for adding a PRPostWithAuthentication. When a final user goes to
> add a Post, in the enchantments editor it has the "Link" and "embedded"
> options and the links they show, are ALL. Not just the links the user have
> view permission. Is this correct? If this is true, how can I modify it ?

That's a bug. Thanks for pointing out. This is fixed in:

Name: Pier-EditorEnh-lr.48
Author: lr
Time: 5 May 2009, 9:05:28 am
UUID: 49418291-6470-4a75-a9f0-dd9cb1cc58dd
Ancestors: Pier-EditorEnh-lr.47

- don't display links without view permission

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Posts Authorization

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 4:06 AM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Similar to this, I have another problem. Suppose finalUser group doesn't
> have view permission (recursively) in /xxx/_System Management  but have
> permission for adding a PRPostWithAuthentication. When a final user goes to
> add a Post, in the enchantments editor it has the "Link" and "embedded"
> options and the links they show, are ALL. Not just the links the user have
> view permission. Is this correct? If this is true, how can I modify it ?

That's a bug. Thanks for pointing out. This is fixed in:

You are welcome.

Name: Pier-EditorEnh-lr.48
Author: lr
Time: 5 May 2009, 9:05:28 am
UUID: 49418291-6470-4a75-a9f0-dd9cb1cc58dd
Ancestors: Pier-EditorEnh-lr.47

Now it works perfect. However I needed to update some other package. I don't know which one, because I was having a walkback and because of that I updated other packages (pier and magritte). And then It worked perfect.

Thanks for the fix!

Mariano