PostscriptCanvas working again?

Hannes Hirzel
On 9/28/17, Marcel Taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> - That canvas abstraction should be extracted from Morphic and moved into
> Squeak's base system because it is not inherent to what Morphic accomplishes
> in terms of tangibility, direct manipulation, and interactivity for the
> Squeak environment.
> - Take a look at Squeak's PostScriptCanvas to further reason about the
> potential of Morphic getting OpenGL support. Tim Felgentreff made it work
> again a few weeks ago. That export still has its limitations because there
> is code that relies on pixel information.
>
> :-)

Hello Marcel,

I did not find an update of Tim Felgentreff for PostscriptCanvas made
a few weeks ago.

Last update is MorphicExtras-tfel.172.mcz from April 2016. Is it this
what you mean?

Which code which relies on pixel information are you referring to?

Regards
Hannes

Re: PostscriptCanvas working again?

Hannes Hirzel
On 9/29/17, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 9/28/17, Marcel Taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> - That canvas abstraction should be extracted from Morphic and moved into
>> Squeak's base system because it is not inherent to what Morphic
>> accomplishes
>> in terms of tangibility, direct manipulation, and interactivity for the
>> Squeak environment.
>> - Take a look at Squeak's PostScriptCanvas to further reason about the
>> potential of Morphic getting OpenGL support. Tim Felgentreff made it work
>> again a few weeks ago. That export still has its limitations because
>> there
>> is code that relies on pixel information.
>>
>> :-)
>
> Hello Marcel,
>
> I did not find an update of Tim Felgentreff for PostscriptCanvas made
> a few weeks ago.
>
> Last update is MorphicExtras-tfel.172.mcz from April 2016. Is it this
> what you mean?
>
> Which code which relies on pixel information are you referring to?
Is it
    PostscriptDummyWarp
and
    PostscriptCharacterScanner