Precompiled Cog VM for MS Windows

Hannes Hirzel
Hello

Where do I find a precompiled Cog VM for MS Windows?

http://ftp.squeak.org/Cog/

does not contain it and on www.squeak.org I do not find it either.

Regards

Hannes

Re: Precompiled Cog VM for MS Windows

Levente Uzonyi-2
On Mon, 30 Aug 2010, Hannes Hirzel wrote:

> Hello
>
> Where do I find a precompiled Cog VM for MS Windows?
>
> http://ftp.squeak.org/Cog/
>
> does not contain it and on www.squeak.org I do not find it either.

Here: http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/

Levente

On 8/30/10, Levente Uzonyi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, 30 Aug 2010, Hannes Hirzel wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> Where do I find a precompiled Cog VM for MS Windows?
>>
>> http://ftp.squeak.org/Cog/
>>
>> does not contain it and on www.squeak.org I do not find it either.
>
> Here: http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/
>

> Levente

Thank you, I found it. The most recent version is from the 19th of August.

--Hannes

The readme

Unofficial builds of http://www.squeakvm.org/svn/squeak/branches/Cog r2219

Nota Bene: These VMs do not include a Smalltalk sources file.  You'll need to
add the relevant sources file in the relevant directory.  You can find out
which sources file and where it should go by paying attention to the error
message from your Squeak image on start-up.

The source code for the VMs can be obtained from the Subversion repository:
        http://www.squeakvm.org/svn/squeak/branches/Cog/src
        http://www.squeakvm.org/svn/squeak/branches/Cog/platforms

Cog.app.tgz  - compressed tar of Cog.app for Mac OS X 10.5 & 10.6
(built on 10.6)
coglinux.tgz - compressed tar of Cog for linux (built on CERN 2.6.18 a
RHEL derivative & gcc 4.1)
cogwin.zip   - compressed tar of Cog for Windows (built on Windows XP
under cygwin & gcc 3.4.4)

Eliot Miranda
August 2010