Preference settings for 5.3 release

Preference settings for 5.3 release – We have a *lot* of preferences - in my view way too many - and there should be at least some discussion about the default values we provide for 5....
A preference elimination initiative would be *very* welcome, but it is something that we should start working on immediately after the 5.3 release...
I am totally 'pro' on reducing the number of preferences. But I ask you this: [1] Do not remove the preference to keep different windows in dif...
I am sure that both of those preferences will remain. I also agree with your view of colorful windows, and I always turn this preference on in my...
Hi David, After 6 months of Squeak I would say I am a seasoned beginner. I started with the grey, but in some videos I probably saw it was poss...
Hi Nicola, On Sun, Dec 22, 2019 at 5:27 PM Nicola Mingotti <nmingotti@...> wrote: > > Hi David, > > After 6 months of S...
Hi Elliot, > Forgive me for encouraging you to proselytize on e.g. Quora. Do you have a blog? I'd love to read your impressions and c...
Hi all, just my two cents :) > Compiler > I claim we are long past the point where enabling block argument assignments or under...
Hi Christophe, On Mon, Dec 23, 2019 at 11:25 AM Thiede, Christoph < Christoph.Thiede@...> wrote: > Hi all, > > > just ...
Hi Eliot, I guess we are talking about different things :-) I was talking about the compiler preferences - how to handle an underscore a...
Hi all, > > > 'Use the new color picker' - is the new color pick not our pick for > picking colors? If it still isn't the sensibl...
> On 20.12.2019, at 23:18, David T. Lewis <lewis@...> wrote: > > A preference elimination initiative would be *very* welcome, but...
Hi all. Take a look at ReleaseBuilder class >> setPreferences Those will be used for the release at the moment. We do not track "...
On Sun, Dec 22, 2019 at 03:26:01PM +0100, Marcel Taeumel wrote: > Hi all. > > Take a look at ReleaseBuilder class >> setPreference...
I think autoIndent is really practical when writing code in blocks or cascades, or otherwise indented text. Why do you feel that it should it be ...
Apologies, I was confused regarding autoIndent, it is fine. It is only the autoEnclose preference that causes problems in workspaces, so that is ...
autoEnclose preference (was: Preference settings for 5.3 release) – > > It is only the autoEnclose preference that causes problems in > workspaces, What "problems" are those? Just as you...
Re: autoEnclose preference – On 24/12/19 9:11 AM, Chris Muller wrote: > > What "problems" are those?   Just as you see in the subject-line of this > email...
autoEnclose is one of the first preference in turn of in a new image. Please leave it off in new release. Best, Karl On Tue, 24 Dec 2019...
Hi All, some people really like auto enclose and dine people hate it. Similarly some people like update menu selection on mouse click and ...
Chris, I happily accept that for each ( there should be a ) *but* I think you skipped over what happens when you want to change where the ( is. Ma...
On Tue, Dec 24, 2019 at 1:16 PM tim Rowledge <tim@...> wrote: > Chris, I happily accept that for each ( there should be a ) *but* I th...
On Tue, Dec 24, 2019 at 8:02 AM K K Subbu <kksubbu.ml@...> wrote: > On 24/12/19 9:11 AM, Chris Muller wrote: > > > > Wha...
> On 2019-12-23, at 7:41 PM, Chris Muller <asqueaker@...> wrote: > > It is only the autoEnclose preference that causes problems ...
> > > On 2019-12-23, at 7:41 PM, Chris Muller <asqueaker@...> wrote: > > > > It is only the autoEnclose preference t...
> On 22.12.2019, at 17:17, David T. Lewis <lewis@...> wrote: > > On Sun, Dec 22, 2019 at 03:26:01PM +0100, Marcel Taeumel wrote: ...
> On 2019-12-20, at 2:18 PM, David T. Lewis <lewis@...> wrote: > > A preference elimination initiative would be *very* welcome, ...
There's an extra complication I notice after trying out my submission for saving/loading preferences - if you click on the 'default' button in the...
It could nice if we could use Monticello for saving and loading personal preferences also :-) Best, Karl On Wed, 25 Dec 2019 at 00:29, tim...
Well, you can, of course, just codify it. Here's my MyInstaller>>#configure, which I call from its class-side #initialize. Feel free to c...
Hi Tim, Hi All, On Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 12:57 PM tim Rowledge <tim@...> wrote: > We have a *lot* of preferences - in my view way to...