Preferences refactoring pushed

Alain Plantec-4
Hi all,

In InBox:
SLICE-AnnotationPanesAndDecorateBrowserButtonsAndMenuButtonInToolPaneAndOptionalButtonsPrefsCleaning-AlainPlantec.1

* Remove the annotationPane preference (no more annotation pane in
browsers and MC)
* Remove decorateBrowserButtons preference
* Remove menuButtonInToolPane preference
* Remove optionalButtons preferences (optional buttons are always
present except in the ChangeSetSorter)

Cheers
Alain

Re: Preferences refactoring pushed

Igor Stasenko
2009/10/27 Alain Plantec <[hidden email]>:
> Hi all,
>
> In InBox:
> SLICE-AnnotationPanesAndDecorateBrowserButtonsAndMenuButtonInToolPaneAndOptionalButtonsPrefsCleaning-AlainPlantec.1
>
> * Remove the annotationPane preference (no more annotation pane in
> browsers and MC)

+100.. the 'message pane missin' spam in transcript is really annoying :)

> * Remove decorateBrowserButtons preference
> * Remove menuButtonInToolPane preference
> * Remove optionalButtons preferences (optional buttons are always
> present except in the ChangeSetSorter)
>
> Cheers
> Alain

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Igor Stasenko wrote:
>  the 'message pane missin' spam in transcript is really annoying :)

Issue 1378 <http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=1378>:
annoying MC Transcript log "Warning: pane summary not found"

Fixed

Cheers
Alain

Re: Preferences refactoring pushed

Michael Rueger-6
Alain Plantec wrote:

> * Remove the annotationPane preference (no more annotation pane in
> browsers and MC)
> * Remove optionalButtons preferences (optional buttons are always
> present except in the ChangeSetSorter)

Very likely I've missed some discussion about this, but I find the
annotation pane incredible useful, not just in the change sorter.

I also hate the optional buttons (useless and very bad UI as well IMHO),
but that might just be me used to using short cuts ;-)

So how is the annotation information accessible in the future?

Michael

Michael Rueger wrote:
> Alain Plantec wrote:
>
>> * Remove the annotationPane preference (no more annotation pane in
>> browsers and MC)
>> * Remove optionalButtons preferences (optional buttons are always
>> present except in the ChangeSetSorter)

Hi Michael,

> Very likely I've missed some discussion about this, but I find the
> annotation pane incredible useful, not just in the change sorter.
I should have said "no more annotation pane in old browser (the one of
the core) and in MC."
annotation panes from Pharo are still present and untouched by this
SLICE. an OB specific setting will have to be declared.
Have a look at the issue discussions (Issue 810).
<http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=810>
Is it ok like that ?

Alain