Preparing Pharo sprint at esug

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi guys

ESUG is approaching really fast and I would like to come up with a set
of actions for the sprint
(we will revise them)

I see two kinds of possible actions:

towards 1.0
                - cleaning and fixing 1.0 items
                        -- cuis fonts
                        -- pending bug fixes...
                - checking squeak fixes

towards 1.1
        - since we will meet physically we can meet and check next step item
        - Preferences/Setting with alain

it would be good to check the status of the bug tracker and update it
if we see missing items

Re: Preparing Pharo sprint at esug

Damien Cassou
On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 8:45 AM, Stéphane
Ducasse<[hidden email]> wrote:
> towards 1.0

I think we should finish as soon as possible 1.0. So I would vote for that.

>                - cleaning and fixing 1.0 items
>                        -- cuis fonts

don't see why this is important because we have FreeType working perfectly.

>                        -- pending bug fixes...

yes

>                - checking squeak fixes

no, too late for that in my opinion unless this fixes a bug already
defined in the tracker.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry

On Aug 27, 2009, at 12:41 PM, Damien Cassou wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 8:45 AM, Stéphane
> Ducasse<[hidden email]> wrote:
>> towards 1.0
>
> I think we should finish as soon as possible 1.0. So I would vote
> for that.
>
>>                - cleaning and fixing 1.0 items
>>                        -- cuis fonts
>
> don't see why this is important because we have FreeType working
> perfectly.

because you may have system without freetype plugin and now juan did
all the work to make sure that this
can be integrated into pharo!

>>                        -- pending bug fixes...
>
> yes
>
>>                - checking squeak fixes
>
> no, too late for that in my opinion unless this fixes a bug already
> defined in the tracker.

I checked and created a list so why this would be too late.
In squeak compiler sneding notification were not in the bug tracker.

> --
> Damien Cassou
> http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st
>
> "Lambdas are relegated to relative obscurity until Java makes them
> popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: Preparing Pharo sprint at esug

Damien Cassou
On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 12:51 PM, Stéphane
Ducasse<[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>                        -- cuis fonts
>>
>> don't see why this is important because we have FreeType working
>> perfectly.
>
> because you may have system without freetype plugin and now juan did
> all the work to make sure that this
> can be integrated into pharo!

That may be a good thing, but not now. The sooner we release the
better. And remember: we are now in beta which means the fewer fixes
the better. Lets concentrate on the important issues that must be
fixed before releasing 1.0.

>>>                        -- pending bug fixes...
>>
>> yes
>>
>>>                - checking squeak fixes
>>
>> no, too late for that in my opinion unless this fixes a bug already
>> defined in the tracker.
>
> I checked and created a list so why this would be too late.

because we are in beta and we need to deliver something as soon as
possible. There will be bugs you can't avoid that. Delaying forever is
not a good solution.

> In squeak compiler sneding notification were not in the bug tracker.

We are not Squeak :-)

On Aug 27, 2009, at 2:00 PM, Damien Cassou wrote:

>>> don't see why this is important because we have FreeType working
>>> perfectly.
>>
>> because you may have system without freetype plugin and now juan did
>> all the work to make sure that this
>> can be integrated into pharo!
>

> That may be a good thing, but not now. The sooner we release the
> better. And remember: we are now in beta which means the fewer fixes
> the better. Lets concentrate on the important issues that must be
> fixed before releasing 1.0.

        yes I will give a shot this evening.
        the key point is that pharo is moving fast so the more we wait
        the less possible.

        now indeed there are plenty of bug fixes that we can/should close.