Presentation on Aida?

Monty Williams
Presentation on Aida?

There have not been any submissions for talks or tutorials on Aida at the Smalltalk Solutions 2008 conference, which will be at the Grand Sierra Resort in Reno, Nevada, June 18-21 2008.

There are talks and tutorials on Seaside. The Aida community is missing an excellent opportunity to spread the word about Aida and Scribo.

Presentations may be in the form of
    * Technical Presentations
    * Experience Reports
    * Technology Demonstrations
    * Half-day Tutorials

http://www.stic.st/stic?content=sts2008call

Even if you can't give a talk or tutorial, you should come to the conference. Find out more at https://www.123signup.com/event?id=xhncb. The list of talks will be published next month. Keynote speakers include Gilad Bracha, Randal Schwartz, and David Simmons. Other proposed talks include a number of very interesting topics.

Cheers,
Monty
--
Monty Williams
Board Member

Re: Presentation on Aida?

Janko Mivšek
Hi Monty,

Thank you very much for addressing us directly with invitation to the
Smalltalk Solutions. I'd really like that someone from Aida community
present Aida and Scribo there and I'd help him in everything,
(information, ideas) to prepare it.

So, will anyone go to Smalltalk Solutions? What about you who are a bit
closer to Reno, would you consider attending to present Aida? As Monty
said, in form of presentation, experience report, demo or even tutorial.

I'm a bit overstretched already with traveling this year to afford this
conference, but other reason is that I have already been in Reno. Funny
city, in the middle of Nevada desert :)

Best regards
Janko

Monty Williams wrote:

> There have not been any submissions for talks or tutorials on Aida at
> the Smalltalk Solutions 2008 conference, which will be at the Grand
> Sierra Resort in Reno, Nevada, June 18-21 2008.
>
> There are talks and tutorials on Seaside. The Aida community is missing
> an excellent opportunity to spread the word about Aida and Scribo.
>
> Presentations may be in the form of
>     * Technical Presentations
>     * Experience Reports
>     * Technology Demonstrations
>     * Half-day Tutorials
>
> http://www.stic.st/stic?content=sts2008call
>
> Even if you can't give a talk or tutorial, you should come to the
> conference. Find out more at https://www.123signup.com/event?id=xhncb.
> The list of talks will be published next month. Keynote speakers include
> Gilad Bracha, Randal Schwartz, and David Simmons. Other proposed talks
> include a number of very interesting topics.
>
> Cheers,
> Monty
> --
> Monty Williams
> Board Member
> Smalltalk Inductry Council

Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server
http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: Presentation on Aida?

Rob Rothwell
I have been accepting Monty's advice for a few months while I try to position myself to try out Gemstone (trying to get hardware right now!).

Anyway,  I think I might be able to get the hospital to send me out there...it's actually kind of cheap as conferences go.

Professionally, I do a lot of presenting; unfortunately, I am not that good at Smalltalk, Aida, or Scribo!  If I can go, though, I'd be happy to help anyone out any way I can.

I should be able to bring it up tomorrow and get a better idea about this.

Rob

Monty Williams wrote:
> There have not been any submissions for talks or tutorials on Aida at
> the Smalltalk Solutions 2008 conference, which will be at the Grand
> Sierra Resort in Reno, Nevada, June 18-21 2008.
>
> There are talks and tutorials on Seaside. The Aida community is missing
> an excellent opportunity to spread the word about Aida and Scribo.
>
> Presentations may be in the form of
>     * Technical Presentations
>     * Experience Reports
>     * Technology Demonstrations
>     * Half-day Tutorials
>
> http://www.stic.st/stic?content=sts2008call
>
> Even if you can't give a talk or tutorial, you should come to the
> conference. Find out more at https://www.123signup.com/event?id=xhncb.
> The list of talks will be published next month. Keynote speakers include
> Gilad Bracha, Randal Schwartz, and David Simmons. Other proposed talks
> include a number of very interesting topics.
>
> Cheers,
> Monty
> --
> Monty Williams
> Board Member
> Smalltalk Inductry Council

Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server
http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: Presentation on Aida?

Janko Mivšek
Hi Rob,

This would be just excellent and good for Smalltalk in general, not just
Aida, that is, such an experience report as you can provide. And also
all the fresh learning experience you have. I remember back in 1995 that
hearing such experiences convinced me to go Smalltalk. So you are very
welcome to go and present there.

Best regards
Janko

Rob Rothwell wrote:

> [...]
>     missing
>      > an excellent opportunity to spread the word about Aida and Scribo.
>      >
>      > Presentations may be in the form of
>      >     * Technical Presentations
>      >     * Experience Reports
>      >     * Technology Demonstrations
>      >     * Half-day Tutorials
>      >
>      > http://www.stic.st/stic?content=sts2008call
>      >
>      > Even if you can't give a talk or tutorial, you should come to the
>      > conference. Find out more at
>     https://www.123signup.com/event?id=xhncb.
>      > The list of talks will be published next month. Keynote speakers
>     include
>      > Gilad Bracha, Randal Schwartz, and David Simmons. Other proposed
>     talks
>      > include a number of very interesting topics.

Michael Rueger-6
Janko Mivšek wrote:
> Hi Monty,
>
> Thank you very much for addressing us directly with invitation to the
> Smalltalk Solutions. I'd really like that someone from Aida community
> present Aida and Scribo there and I'd help him in everything,
> (information, ideas) to prepare it.
>
> So, will anyone go to Smalltalk Solutions? What about you who are a bit

We (the Sophie team) sent a proposal for a Sophie presentation, so
depending on who from the team ends up going, I might be there. In that
case I would be willing to do or help with a presentation.

Michael

Re: Presentation on Aida?

Janko Mivšek
Michael Rueger wrote:

> We (the Sophie team) sent a proposal for a Sophie presentation, so
> depending on who from the team ends up going, I might be there. In that
> case I would be willing to do or help with a presentation.

Aida on Smalltalk Solutions presented from two sources, from two
viewpoints, I just didn't imagine that! Really thanks guys.

Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server
http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: Presentation on Aida?

Rob Rothwell
I think I'm kind of confused, because the deadline for proposals was March 1st...!

Rob

Rob Rothwell wrote:

> I think I'm kind of confused, because the deadline for proposals was
> March 1st...!

Monty invited us and he is board member of Smalltalk Industry Council
who organize the conference, therefore all we need is to hurry :) But
Monty will confirm that by himself I suppose.

Janko

> Rob
>
> On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 7:01 AM, Janko Mivšek <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Michael Rueger wrote:
>
>      > We (the Sophie team) sent a proposal for a Sophie presentation, so
>      > depending on who from the team ends up going, I might be there.
>     In that
>      > case I would be willing to do or help with a presentation.
>
>     Aida on Smalltalk Solutions presented from two sources, from two
>     viewpoints, I just didn't imagine that! Really thanks guys.
>
>     Janko
>

>     --
>     Janko Mivšek
>     AIDA/Web
>     Smalltalk Web Application Server
>     http://www.aidaweb.si

Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server
http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: Presentation on Aida?

Rob Rothwell
I'll ask Monty about this then, since we have been talking about Gemstone anyway...

Thanks,

Rob