Presenter>>curor not called by default?

hboon@motionobj.com
I'm referring to
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin/browse_thread/thread/6dd0087009d1cfca/a1075f1e504332a6?q=cursor&rnum=7#a1075f1e504332a6.
Does it mean that the recommended way would be to override
Presenter>>onGetCursor: to simple answer the desired cursor? I'm using
5.1.4 and actually it seems that we only need to change the following
for both Presenter>>cursor and View>>cursor to work.

from:

Presenter>>onGetCursor: aSymbol
    | globalCursor |
    ^(aSymbol == #client and: [(globalCursor := Cursor current)
notNil])
        ifTrue: [globalCursor]
        ifFalse: [self view onGetCursor: aSymbol]

to:

Presenter>>onGetCursor: aSymbol
    | globalCursor |
    ^(aSymbol == #client and: [(globalCursor := Cursor current)
notNil])
        ifTrue: [globalCursor]
        ifFalse: [self cursorl]

MotionObj
HweeBoon

Re: Presenter>>curor not called by default?

Ian Bartholomew-19
HweeBoon,

> Does it mean that the recommended way would be to override
> Presenter>>onGetCursor: to simple answer the desired cursor? I'm using
> 5.1.4 and actually it seems that we only need to change the following
> for both Presenter>>cursor and View>>cursor to work.

I wouldn't worry about it.  Presenter>>cursor was made redundant in Dolphin
5.0.2 but was, inadvertently, not removed from the image. It is no longer
present in Dolphin 6.

--
Ian

Use the Reply-To address to contact me.