Presenting Pharo in Greece

12

Re: Presenting Pharo in Greece

kilon.alios
WOW this is top quality produced, great work guys, looks amazing :)

pity its french , but still great work :)

On Sat, May 14, 2016 at 3:21 PM stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:

check pharo web site this is written in large.

Le 13/5/16 à 14:41, Dimitris Chloupis a écrit :
Where may I find the Mooc ?

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 3:38 PM stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:

I have the theorical part (what do we need to achieve that).

Else did you have a look at the second counter videos of the mooc?

Because I start usually with

    Ok develop a counter

    then let us code in the debugger

and I turned these into two videos. There are in the mooc.

Stef

Le 13/5/16 à 12:47, Dimitris Chloupis a écrit :
stef anything you have on live coding would be an immense help

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 1:46 PM stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:

If you need slides let me know.

I have many keynotes files.

Stef

Le 13/5/16 à 10:32, Dimitris Chloupis a écrit :
thanks any idea where i can get the card that contains the pharo syntax ?

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 10:33 AM stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:
good luck :)

Le 12/5/16 à 12:50, Dimitris Chloupis a écrit :
> Hey I wanted to inform you that I will be doing a 30 minutes
> presentation of Pharo in Hackerspace , Athens so if there are any
> Greeks watching the list they are more than welcomed to join. My talk
> will focus on live coding and no familiarity with Pharo/Smalltalk or
> programming experience required.
>
> The talk will be 30 minutes and it will be given in 15:30 28th of May
> 2016 (Saturday) as part of Hackfest 2016 organized by Hackerspace in
> Athens.
>
> More info can be found here
>
> https://hackfest.gr/
>
> This will be both the first time Pharo is presented in Greece and my
> first presentation so I am pretty excited about how it will go. Wish
> me luck :)

Re: Presenting Pharo in Greece

EstebanLM
why everybody fails to see that the MOOC has english subtitles?
maybe is not well remarked in front page?

Esteban

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 3:38 PM stepharo <[hidden email][hidden email]> wrote:

I have the theorical part (what do we need to achieve that).

Else did you have a look at the second counter videos of the mooc?

Because I start usually with

    Ok develop a counter

    then let us code in the debugger

and I turned these into two videos. There are in the mooc.

Stef

Le 13/5/16 à 12:47, Dimitris Chloupis a écrit :
stef anything you have on live coding would be an immense help

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 1:46 PM stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:

If you need slides let me know.

I have many keynotes files.

Stef

Le 13/5/16 à 10:32, Dimitris Chloupis a écrit :
thanks any idea where i can get the card that contains the pharo syntax ?

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 10:33 AM stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:
good luck :)

Le 12/5/16 à 12:50, Dimitris Chloupis a écrit :
> Hey I wanted to inform you that I will be doing a 30 minutes
> presentation of Pharo in Hackerspace , Athens so if there are any
> Greeks watching the list they are more than welcomed to join. My talk
> will focus on live coding and no familiarity with Pharo/Smalltalk or
> programming experience required.
>
> The talk will be 30 minutes and it will be given in 15:30 28th of May
> 2016 (Saturday) as part of Hackfest 2016 organized by Hackerspace in
> Athens.
>
> More info can be found here
>
> https://hackfest.gr/
>
> This will be both the first time Pharo is presented in Greece and my
> first presentation so I am pretty excited about how it will go. Wish
> me luck :)

Re: Presenting Pharo in Greece

kilon.alios
hehe , no i saw because i remember mention it but  still it will be challenging to read the code and the subtitles at the same time. But still 100 times better than no MOOC ;)

On Sat, May 14, 2016 at 4:51 PM Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
why everybody fails to see that the MOOC has english subtitles?
maybe is not well remarked in front page?

Esteban

On 14 May 2016, at 15:43, Dimitris Chloupis <[hidden email]> wrote:

WOW this is top quality produced, great work guys, looks amazing :)

pity its french , but still great work :)

On Sat, May 14, 2016 at 3:21 PM stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:

check pharo web site this is written in large.

Le 13/5/16 à 14:41, Dimitris Chloupis a écrit :
Where may I find the Mooc ?

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 3:38 PM stepharo <[hidden email][hidden email]> wrote:

I have the theorical part (what do we need to achieve that).

Else did you have a look at the second counter videos of the mooc?

Because I start usually with

    Ok develop a counter

    then let us code in the debugger

and I turned these into two videos. There are in the mooc.

Stef

Le 13/5/16 à 12:47, Dimitris Chloupis a écrit :
stef anything you have on live coding would be an immense help

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 1:46 PM stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:

If you need slides let me know.

I have many keynotes files.

Stef

Le 13/5/16 à 10:32, Dimitris Chloupis a écrit :
thanks any idea where i can get the card that contains the pharo syntax ?

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 10:33 AM stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:
good luck :)

Le 12/5/16 à 12:50, Dimitris Chloupis a écrit :
> Hey I wanted to inform you that I will be doing a 30 minutes
> presentation of Pharo in Hackerspace , Athens so if there are any
> Greeks watching the list they are more than welcomed to join. My talk
> will focus on live coding and no familiarity with Pharo/Smalltalk or
> programming experience required.
>
> The talk will be 30 minutes and it will be given in 15:30 28th of May
> 2016 (Saturday) as part of Hackfest 2016 organized by Hackerspace in
> Athens.
>
> More info can be found here
>
> https://hackfest.gr/
>
> This will be both the first time Pharo is presented in Greece and my
> first presentation so I am pretty excited about how it will go. Wish
> me luck :)

Re: Presenting Pharo in Greece

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas-2
Hi,

On 14/05/16 09:23, Dimitris Chloupis wrote:
> hehe , no i saw because i remember mention it but still it will be
> challenging to read the code and the subtitles at the same time. But
> still 100 times better than no MOOC ;)

You can press "pause" in the video anytime, to read better! :-P

I really celebrate this MOOC and in fact I'm subscribed to it, but
without much time to really take it (hope this changes soon!). My
process of self learning is too much problem oriented, too lonely, so a
formal course is a great way to improve my several understanding gaps
(which I show frequently here!, last one on following Sven advices). The
idea of courses in local language first and with translations to English
is also something I celebrate also.

Keep the good work Steph, Damien, Luc!

Cheers,

Offray

Re: Presenting Pharo in Greece

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas-2
I think that's because most people see quickly the video which has not English subtitles so they think all the course is only in French (at least that was my case). A good tool for video translation is Amara:

http://amara.org/

Cheers,

Offray

On 14/05/16 08:50, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:
why everybody fails to see that the MOOC has english subtitles?
maybe is not well remarked in front page?

Esteban

On 14 May 2016, at 15:43, Dimitris Chloupis <[hidden email]> wrote:

WOW this is top quality produced, great work guys, looks amazing :)

pity its french , but still great work :)

On Sat, May 14, 2016 at 3:21 PM stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:

check pharo web site this is written in large.

Le 13/5/16 à 14:41, Dimitris Chloupis a écrit :
Where may I find the Mooc ?

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 3:38 PM stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:

I have the theorical part (what do we need to achieve that).

Else did you have a look at the second counter videos of the mooc?

Because I start usually with

    Ok develop a counter

    then let us code in the debugger

and I turned these into two videos. There are in the mooc.

Stef

Le 13/5/16 à 12:47, Dimitris Chloupis a écrit :
stef anything you have on live coding would be an immense help

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 1:46 PM stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:

If you need slides let me know.

I have many keynotes files.

Stef

Le 13/5/16 à 10:32, Dimitris Chloupis a écrit :
thanks any idea where i can get the card that contains the pharo syntax ?

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 10:33 AM stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:
good luck :)

Le 12/5/16 à 12:50, Dimitris Chloupis a écrit :
> Hey I wanted to inform you that I will be doing a 30 minutes
> presentation of Pharo in Hackerspace , Athens so if there are any
> Greeks watching the list they are more than welcomed to join. My talk
> will focus on live coding and no familiarity with Pharo/Smalltalk or
> programming experience required.
>
> The talk will be 30 minutes and it will be given in 15:30 28th of May
> 2016 (Saturday) as part of Hackfest 2016 organized by Hackerspace in
> Athens.
>
> More info can be found here
>
> https://hackfest.gr/
>
> This will be both the first time Pharo is presented in Greece and my
> first presentation so I am pretty excited about how it will go. Wish
> me luck :)

Re: Presenting Pharo in Greece

kilon.alios
Hehe

Well I am not the target audiance anyway, this MOOC will be most likely a lenghty introduction of Pharo to necomers  and I no longer consider myself one.

In the end this is a technicality , I dont care about the language, its the content that matters and subtitles are more than enough.

On Sat, May 14, 2016 at 7:09 PM Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

On 14/05/16 09:23, Dimitris Chloupis wrote:
> hehe , no i saw because i remember mention it but still it will be
> challenging to read the code and the subtitles at the same time. But
> still 100 times better than no MOOC ;)

You can press "pause" in the video anytime, to read better! :-P

I really celebrate this MOOC and in fact I'm subscribed to it, but
without much time to really take it (hope this changes soon!). My
process of self learning is too much problem oriented, too lonely, so a
formal course is a great way to improve my several understanding gaps
(which I show frequently here!, last one on following Sven advices). The
idea of courses in local language first and with translations to English
is also something I celebrate also.

Keep the good work Steph, Damien, Luc!

Cheers,

Offray

Re: Presenting Pharo in Greece

stepharo

I suggest to follow some videos too because there are some advanced points and also ways to present concepts.

We prefered to do it in french to make sure that we have an excellent french versions instead of a average english one.
Now all the texts are in english (and some in french)

All the mooc material will be freely accessible at the end of the mooc session.

Stef

Le 14/5/16 à 18:24, Dimitris Chloupis a écrit :
Hehe

Well I am not the target audiance anyway, this MOOC will be most likely a lenghty introduction of Pharo to necomers  and I no longer consider myself one.

In the end this is a technicality , I dont care about the language, its the content that matters and subtitles are more than enough.

On Sat, May 14, 2016 at 7:09 PM Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

On 14/05/16 09:23, Dimitris Chloupis wrote:
> hehe , no i saw because i remember mention it but still it will be
> challenging to read the code and the subtitles at the same time. But
> still 100 times better than no MOOC ;)

You can press "pause" in the video anytime, to read better! :-P

I really celebrate this MOOC and in fact I'm subscribed to it, but
without much time to really take it (hope this changes soon!). My
process of self learning is too much problem oriented, too lonely, so a
formal course is a great way to improve my several understanding gaps
(which I show frequently here!, last one on following Sven advices). The
idea of courses in local language first and with translations to English
is also something I celebrate also.

Keep the good work Steph, Damien, Luc!

Cheers,

Offray

Re: Presenting Pharo in Greece

kilon.alios
Ah thats very nice, I registered and started the course , thank you Stef :)

On Sun, May 15, 2016 at 11:32 AM stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:

I suggest to follow some videos too because there are some advanced points and also ways to present concepts.

We prefered to do it in french to make sure that we have an excellent french versions instead of a average english one.
Now all the texts are in english (and some in french)

All the mooc material will be freely accessible at the end of the mooc session.

Stef

Le 14/5/16 à 18:24, Dimitris Chloupis a écrit :
Hehe

Well I am not the target audiance anyway, this MOOC will be most likely a lenghty introduction of Pharo to necomers  and I no longer consider myself one.

In the end this is a technicality , I dont care about the language, its the content that matters and subtitles are more than enough.

On Sat, May 14, 2016 at 7:09 PM Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

On 14/05/16 09:23, Dimitris Chloupis wrote:
> hehe , no i saw because i remember mention it but still it will be
> challenging to read the code and the subtitles at the same time. But
> still 100 times better than no MOOC ;)

You can press "pause" in the video anytime, to read better! :-P

I really celebrate this MOOC and in fact I'm subscribed to it, but
without much time to really take it (hope this changes soon!). My
process of self learning is too much problem oriented, too lonely, so a
formal course is a great way to improve my several understanding gaps
(which I show frequently here!, last one on following Sven advices). The
idea of courses in local language first and with translations to English
is also something I celebrate also.

Keep the good work Steph, Damien, Luc!

Cheers,

Offray

Re: Presenting Pharo in Greece

Ben Coman
On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 5:24 PM, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> On 13 May 2016, at 11:09, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>>> On 13 May 2016, at 10:32, Dimitris Chloupis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> thanks any idea where i can get the card that contains the pharo syntax ?
>>
>> Maybe you are looking for this
>>
>> http://files.pharo.org/media/pharoCheatSheet.pdf
>>
>> ?
>>
>> It was very recently updated, maybe people gave feedback.
>
> Damn automatic spelling correction: maybe -> many

Thats funny!
I actually read it as "many" the first time.
My anti-auto-speller seems to be working well.
cheers -ben

12