Preventing Start of Seaside Server during Load of Parcel

Preventing Start of Seaside Server during Load of Parcel

Runar Jordahl
In my load script, I use the statement below to prevent the Seaside
server from starting when loading Seaside-All in VisualWorks 7.7:

Smalltalk at: #DoNotStartSeasideServer put: true.

Is there some other way of doing this, without doing tricks in the
load script? I tried defining pre-load and pre-read actions in bundles
that have Seaside-All as a prerequisite, but they seem to fire too
late.

Kind regards¨
Runar

Re: Preventing Start of Seaside Server during Load of Parcel

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
Re: [vwnc] Preventing Start of Seaside Server during Load of Parcel

Runar,

I have a special package that only does that bit and my main pundle pre-reqs it before Seaside. The only thing is that with atomic loader you need to set #installBeforeContinuing to something on that package to have it installed right away.

-Boris (via BlackBerry)