Print document from www page based on seaside

Print document from www page based on seaside

dtrussardi@tiscali.it
Hi All,

i work with VisualWorks 7.4 and seaside support.

I have create some www page based on seaside.

My question is:
    What' is the best solution to print " document " from www page based on seaside?

    When i' use the print button of IE on copy of www page is printed.

    But in bussines application i'm interest print a document based of www page information with other server data all formated specifically.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Dario Trussardi

Re: Print document from www page based on seaside

Richard Huxton
Dario Trussardi wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> i work with VisualWorks 7.4 and seaside support.
> I have create some www page based on seaside.
>
> My question is:
> What' is the best solution to print " document " from www page based
> on seaside?
>
> When i' use the print button of IE on copy of www page is printed.
>
> But in bussines application i'm interest print a document based of
> www page information with other server data all formated
> specifically.

Are you trying to print a document at the web-server or at the client?

If the server, I'd use an external program - something like html2ps /
html2pdf.

Otherwise, all you can do is issue window.print() from javascript. That
will display the standard print dialogue-box. You'll want to display a
new document laid out in the format you want, and you can have different
  stylesheets for printing vs. screen display. That will give you
reasonable control of the layout.

If you want to precisely control the layout, you'll have to produce a
PDF that the client can download/print.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

Re: Print document from www page based on seaside

Philippe Marschall
2006/5/22, Dario Trussardi <[hidden email]>:

> Hi All,
>
> i work with VisualWorks 7.4 and seaside support.
>
> I have create some www page based on seaside.
>
> My question is:
>
>     What' is the best solution to print " document " from www page based on
> seaside?
>
>     When i' use the print button of IE on copy of www page is printed.
>
>     But in bussines application i'm interest print a document based of www
> page information with other server data all formated specifically.
>

> Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Thanks!
>

> Dario Trussardi

What about CSS media type print?

Cheers