Printer device communications

Trussardi Dario Romano
Ciao,

i have to manage bidirectional communications with a printing device.

For now from Pharo i open a TCP-IP connection on the device that acts as a server.

So from the program ( client )  i manage the synchronous transmission and reception

         of the various commands to the device and everything is ok.

At this point it remains for me to manage - intercept on the client (Pharo)

        the asynchronous transmission of commands by the server (  for example: the end of paper notification from the device )

How can i handle this?

At which level do you advise me to work?  ( socket  -  socketStream - websocket - ....... ..... )

Any advice on this?

        Thank,

                Dario

Re: Printer device communications

Noury Bouraqadi-2
Hi Dario,

I suggest you use socket stream and more specifically the ZdcSocketStream class.

Socket is too low level, and web socket is for communications over HTTP.

Noury