Printing documents

Linus De Meyere
Hey all,

Is there a way to drive a printer from a pharo environment? I would like to know if it's possible to generate a pdf and instruct the printer to print it. Any advice?

Thanks in advance,

Linus

Re: Printing documents

Mariano Martinez Peck
This is in seaside website but it may help you anyway for Pharo:

http://www.seaside.st/documentation/pdfs

I have no idea about the printer.

Cheers

Mariano

On Aug 18, 2010, at 10:00 PM, Linus De Meyere wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> Is there a way to drive a printer from a pharo environment?

not that I know
on linux and mac you can use OSrocess to execute lpr unix command.

> I would like to know if it's possible to generate a pdf and instruct the printer to print it. Any advice?

For the pdf generation you have
        - SPDF
        - else latex generation | OSProcess.

Stef

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Linus

Re: Printing documents

Denis Kudriashov
Hello,

There is class TextPrinter.

Try

printer := TextPrinter new.
printer bestColor.
printer printText: 'your text'.

TextPrinter creates Form instance and print it by some primitive. Therefore you can print any form and morph:

printer := TextPrinter new.
printer bestColor.

aMorph imageForm
        primPrintHScale: printer resolution x vScale: printer  resolution y landscape: printer  landscape.

I test it on Windows.