Priviledged instruction

Bill Schwab-2
Hi Blair,

I've been using _outp() to set the "content" of the parallel port, but
obviously never tried it on w2k before :(   Is there a way to mask or
otherwise avoid  the following:

1:18:02 PM, Monday, August 05, 2002: Unhandled exception - a
Win32Fault('Priviledged instruction at IP 0x7801D5F4
(C:\WINNT\system32\MSVCRT.dll)')

ProcessorScheduler>>win32Fault:
[] in ProcessorScheduler>>vmi:list:no:with:
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
ProcessorScheduler>>vmi:list:no:with:
CompiledExpression(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:
CompiledExpression(CRTLibrary)>>_outp:dataByte:

The goal is to use the parallel port to control hardware that decodes its
output using a buffer/driver chip.  One might think of it as Bug-Bot with
120VAC motors :)

Have a good one,

Bill

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.

Re: Priviledged instruction

Ian Bartholomew-17
Bill,

> I've been using _outp() to set the "content" of the parallel port, but
> obviously never tried it on w2k before :(   Is there a way to mask or
> otherwise avoid  the following:

Have a look at the following address. I should stress though that I've never
actually used UserPort but kept this reference as I thought it might come in
useful one day.

http://www.mattjustice.com/parport/par_nt.html

NB. There is a hotlink to the download in the second paragraph (for some
reason my browser doesn't highlight it). Click on the "here" in "and I have
a copy of it here"

Regards
    Ian