Problem adding avatars around an arc

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas-2

Hi all :-),

I have been playing with some mockups for an idea now that I have finally the time for it.

As usual I start with a hand drawn mockup like this:

https://d167tapqdyj68f.cloudfront.net/offray.withknown.com/e/e/4/e/ee4e49f29d07b8887262ebcab61823bd.file

and the I start to code the pieces with dummy data.

Here is, for example, what I call the avatar wheel:

And the arcs of it could be surround by objects that, as you can see in the mockup, could be scaled and "pilled" as they go. The surround part is working, "individully" as the following couple of examples show:

But, when I try to compose both surrounding avatars into the same view and arc, things get weird:

I don't know if some one could take a look into the code or propose a debug strategy to see what's going on.

The code is in the DataViz package[1] and the playground for running the failing visualization or to be edited it to get the working ones is at 2

[1] http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Offray/Dataviz
[2] http://ws.stfx.eu/EX4NR2XBM0G0

Thanks,

Offray

Re: Problem adding avatars around an arc

On 26/06/16 13:02, Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas wrote:
> And the arcs of it could be surround by objects that, as you can see
> in the mockup, could be scaled and "pilled" as they go. The surround
> part is working, "individully" as the following couple of examples show:

I meant: And the arcs of it could be surround by objects that can be
scaled and piled up, as you can see in the mockup.

Re: Problem adding avatars around an arc

abergel
Hi Offray,

What you are aiming to looks very cool!
I have tried to reproduce the problem you mention, however I am unsuccessful so far.
It is very hard to help you because I cannot reproduce the problem.

Can you make a small example, without the bitmap, and without relying on external files (such as .png icons) that illustrates the problem?

Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: Problem adding avatars around an arc

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas-2

Hi Alexandre,

On 28/06/16 10:07, Alexandre Bergel wrote:
Hi Offray,

What you are aiming to looks very cool!

Thanks. Hopefully it will :-).

I have tried to reproduce the problem you mention, however I am unsuccessful so far.
It is very hard to help you because I cannot reproduce the problem.

Can you make a small example, without the bitmap, and without relying on external files (such as .png icons) that illustrates the problem?

It seems that the first problem is that the extension I made for RTArc class is not loading properly (at least not for me). Can you test that after installing DataViz package <a href="http://smalltalkhub.com/#%21/%7EOffray/Dataviz" data-referer-safe="1" onclick='this.href="https://slack-redir.net/link?url=http%3A%2F%2Fsmalltalkhub.com%2F%23!%2F~Offray%2FDataviz&amp;v=3"' onmouseover='this.href=TS.utility.referer_safe_url_map["http%3A%2F%2Fsmalltalkhub.com%2F%23!%2F~Offray%2FDataviz"]' data-referer-original-href="http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Offray/Dataviz" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Offray/Dataviz you get the message surroundBy:  withGap:  renderedIn: available?

I'll be working in the minimal example with your requirements meanwhile.

Cheers,

Offray

Re: Problem adding avatars around an arc

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas-2

Thanks Alexandre,

Done and working! Thinking in a minimal easier example as you asked, helped me to debug the problem (seems related with the building of the arrays). See the minimal example here or at [1] for running it in your image after installing the DataViz[2] package:

[1] http://ws.stfx.eu/3WDHFCOS4PJK
[2] http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Offray/Dataviz

Cheers,

Offray

On 28/06/16 10:42, Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas wrote:

Hi Alexandre,

On 28/06/16 10:07, Alexandre Bergel wrote:
Hi Offray,

What you are aiming to looks very cool!

Thanks. Hopefully it will :-).

I have tried to reproduce the problem you mention, however I am unsuccessful so far.
It is very hard to help you because I cannot reproduce the problem.

Can you make a small example, without the bitmap, and without relying on external files (such as .png icons) that illustrates the problem?

It seems that the first problem is that the extension I made for RTArc class is not loading properly (at least not for me). Can you test that after installing DataViz package <a moz-do-not-send="true" href="http://smalltalkhub.com/#%21/%7EOffray/Dataviz" data-referer-safe="1" onclick='this.href="https://slack-redir.net/link?url=http%3A%2F%2Fsmalltalkhub.com%2F%23!%2F~Offray%2FDataviz&amp;v=3"' onmouseover='this.href=TS.utility.referer_safe_url_map["http%3A%2F%2Fsmalltalkhub.com%2F%23!%2F~Offray%2FDataviz"]' data-referer-original-href="http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Offray/Dataviz" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Offray/Dataviz you get the message surroundBy:  withGap:  renderedIn: available?

I'll be working in the minimal example with your requirements meanwhile.

Cheers,

Offray

Re: Problem adding avatars around an arc

abergel
Excellent!!!!

Looks great!!!

Alexandre