Problem fetching a baseline

Vitor Medina Cruz
Hello,

I am experimenting with Metacello but I am having problems to test my configuration. First I thought the problem was with my configuration, but after serveral atemps I tried to fetch an arbitrary Baseline from default image:

Metacello new
className: 'BaselineOfTonel';
baseline: 'Tonel';
fetch.

And I got the following error:

"Could not resolve: BaselineOfTonel [BaselineOfTonel] in C:\Users\Vitor\Documents\Pharo\images\Pharo 6.1 (stable)\pharo-local\package-cache http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Pharo/MetaRepoForPharo30/main/"

Which is the same I got with my own project. I tried using 'repository:' also, but got the same error.

Am I doing something wrong?

cheers,
Vitor.

Livre de vírus. www.avg.com.

Re: Problem fetching a baseline

Julián Maestri-2
You are trying to load Tonel but not telling Metacello where to load it from:

Metacello new
	repository: 'github://pharo-vcs/tonel';
	baseline: 'Tonel';
	load.
Tells Metacello to load the packages in BaselineOfTonel from https://github.com/pharo-vcs/tonel

Livre de vírus. www.avg.com.

Re: Problem fetching a baseline

Vitor Medina Cruz
How do I know where to get Tonel from? It's BaselineOf don't have this information.

Since Tonel is in my image by default, Metacello shouldn't use the packages from there? If that is not the case, how do I test my baseline implementation locally, before commiting to a repository?

Thanks.

On Sat, Dec 30, 2017 at 3:16 AM, Julián Maestri <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

alistairgrant
On 30 December 2017 at 15:55, Vitor Medina Cruz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> How do I know where to get Tonel from? It's BaselineOf don't have this information.

If you're looking for the source of a package that is already loaded
in your image, try:

World Menu -> Monticello Browser

and enter the package name in the left input box.  If I enter "tonel" I get:

BaselineOfTonel (cypress.1) -> github://pharo-vcs/tonel:v1.0.5

Cheers,
Alistair

> Since Tonel is in my image by default, Metacello shouldn't use the packages from there? If that is not the case, how do I test my baseline implementation locally, before commiting to a repository?
>
> Thanks.
>
> On Sat, Dec 30, 2017 at 3:16 AM, Julián Maestri <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> You are trying to load Tonel but not telling Metacello where to load it from:
>>
>> Metacello new
>> repository: 'github://pharo-vcs/tonel';
>> baseline: 'Tonel';
>> load.
>>
>> Tells Metacello to load the packages in BaselineOfTonel from https://github.com/pharo-vcs/tonel
>>
>> On 29 December 2017 at 09:53, Vitor Medina Cruz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I am experimenting with Metacello but I am having problems to test my configuration. First I thought the problem was with my configuration, but after serveral atemps I tried to fetch an arbitrary Baseline from default image:
>>>
>>> Metacello new
>>> className: 'BaselineOfTonel';
>>> baseline: 'Tonel';
>>> fetch.
>>>
>>> And I got the following error:
>>>
>>> "Could not resolve: BaselineOfTonel [BaselineOfTonel] in C:\Users\Vitor\Documents\Pharo\images\Pharo 6.1 (stable)\pharo-local\package-cache http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Pharo/MetaRepoForPharo30/main/"
>>>
>>> Which is the same I got with my own project. I tried using 'repository:' also, but got the same error.
>>>
>>> Am I doing something wrong?
>>>
>>> cheers,
>>> Vitor.
>>>
>>> Livre de vírus. www.avg.com.

Re: Problem fetching a baseline

Vitor Medina Cruz
If you're looking for the source of a package that is already loaded
in your image, try:

World Menu -> Monticello Browser

and enter the package name in the left input box.  If I enter "tonel" I get:

BaselineOfTonel (cypress.1) -> github://pharo-vcs/tonel:v1.0.5

Ok, thanks!

In order to test locally I had to save all my packages locally using monticello, then I refer to meu local-cache in the repository message — that is odd, however. Is that the best way of doing that? I will have to use Monticello and Iceberg toghether, which I think is not right....

Livre de vírus. www.avg.com.