Problem in Active-X Control Browser

Bob Jarvis
If I bring up a new Active-X Control Browser (nice tool!), hit File-
New, select 'Microsoft Web Browser' control, and in the left-center
pane scroll all the way to the bottom and click on the 'Resizable'
property I get

     an invalid UndefinedObject [HRESULT Error: Not implemented
        (FACILITY_NULL)]

     Evaluate the following expression to debug:
             Resizable printString

If I then place the cursor on the line saying 'Resizable printString'
and hit Ctrl-E to evaluate, I get a message box titled 'Compilation
Error' with text

     line 1: undeclared 'Resizable'

I checked and it looks like I've got the 4.0.3 VM.

All this under a fresh install of Dolphin 4.0, running on NT 4.0
service pack 6a.
--
Bob Jarvis
Compuware @ Timken

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Re: Problem in Active-X Control Browser

Blair McGlashan
Bob

"Bob Jarvis" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:8vgjtd$ku5$[hidden email]...

> If I bring up a new Active-X Control Browser (nice tool!), hit File-
> New, select 'Microsoft Web Browser' control, and in the left-center
> pane scroll all the way to the bottom and click on the 'Resizable'
> property I get
>
>      an invalid UndefinedObject [HRESULT Error: Not implemented
>         (FACILITY_NULL)]
>
>      Evaluate the following expression to debug:
>      Resizable printString
>
> If I then place the cursor on the line saying 'Resizable printString'
> and hit Ctrl-E to evaluate, I get a message box titled 'Compilation
> Error' with text
>
>      line 1: undeclared 'Resizable'

It pains me to say it, but this is "expected behaviour" - the control is
returning an error when the Active-X Inspector (for it is one of those
embedded at the bottom left) attempts to access the "Resizable" property. It
would appear that the property is not implemented. The inspectors in Dolphin
try to be helpful when an error occurs displaying an entry in the
"variables" list. The error is trapped, and a message like that which you've
seen is printed instead of a value for the variable. Normally evaluating the
expression ought to be one that you can debug, but in the case of the
AXInspector it usually isn't. Really it needs an override of the error trap,
or whatever is printing the message, which is, I suspect, inherited from the
base class of Inspector.

Thanks for the report anyway, we'll put it on the list.

Regards

Blair