Problem in a test with Swazoo+Seaside

Lautaro Fernández
Hi list, some days ago I posted a problem in Seaside 2.8 + Swazoo 1.0 (on VisualWorksNC) (link:http://www.nabble.com/Problem-in-a-test-with-Swazoo%2BSeaside-td18238424.html ) but I didn't have any kind of answer, and I think it's something you should know.

That's all.
Bye
Lautaro Fernández

Orignal post in Seaside:
Did you know that by overriding the method "HTTPPostDatum>>value:" make "HTTPRequestTest>>testPostUrlEncodedData" fails?
I wonder why the HTTPPostDatum needs a collection to store a value, because if I'm not wrong, the only place where the datum (HTTPPostDatum) is used is in the message "SeasideResource>>unwrapFields:", and it ends using the "addAll:" message.

So, I'm missing something? There is another place where the datum needs a collection?

Thanks for your time,
Lautaro Fernández
PS: I'm working with VWnc 7.5, Swazoo 1.0 and Seaside 2.8, all from the repository of Cincom.

Re: Problem in a test with Swazoo+Seaside

Bruce Badger
Having a collection for a datum does make some sense if one thinks of
application/x-www-form-urlencoded data as being like regular headers.
In that case you can have a single header key with many values,

This is one area where Hyper is still not following RFC 2616, and
deserves some attention.

But this does not help you, I'm afraid. ... unless you are rather patient :-)

2008/7/10 Lautaro Fernández <[hidden email]>:

> Hi list, some days ago I posted a problem in Seaside 2.8 + Swazoo 1.0 (on
> VisualWorksNC)
> (link:http://www.nabble.com/Problem-in-a-test-with-Swazoo%2BSeaside-td18238424.html
> ) but I didn't have any kind of answer, and I think it's something you
> should know.
>
> That's all.
> Bye
> Lautaro Fernández
>

> Orignal post in Seaside:
>>
>> Did you know that by overriding the method "HTTPPostDatum>>value:" make
>> "HTTPRequestTest>>testPostUrlEncodedData" fails?
>> I wonder why the HTTPPostDatum needs a collection to store a value,
>> because if I'm not wrong, the only place where the datum (HTTPPostDatum) is
>> used is in the message "SeasideResource>>unwrapFields:", and it ends using
>> the "addAll:" message.
>>
>> So, I'm missing something? There is another place where the datum needs a
>> collection?
>>
>> Thanks for your time,
>> Lautaro Fernández
>> PS: I'm working with VWnc 7.5, Swazoo 1.0 and Seaside 2.8, all from the
>> repository of Cincom.

http://www.openskills.org/

Re: Problem in a test with Swazoo+Seaside

Philippe Marschall
If you have a multi select list, then you'll have a field with multiple values.

Cheers
Philippe

2008/7/11 Philippe Marschall <[hidden email]>:
If you have a multi select list, then you'll have a field with multiple values.

Good to know!
But anyway, this add should be implemented in Swazoo then, to support this kind of POST.

Thanks for your anwser,
Lautaro Fernández

Cheers
Philippe

--
Luke LAut SkyFernadezWalker

Re: Problem in a test with Swazoo+Seaside

Randal L. Schwartz

Lautaro> But anyway, this add should be implemented in Swazoo then, to support this
Lautaro> kind of POST.

Why would Swazoo care?

See http://methodsandmessages.vox.com/ for Smalltalk and Seaside discussion

2008/7/11 Randal L. Schwartz <[hidden email]>:

> Lautaro> But anyway, this add should be implemented in Swazoo then, to support this
> Lautaro> kind of POST.
>
> Why would Swazoo care?

I care that the Hyper branch of the Swazoo server implements the RFCs
and (in this case) W3C specs correctly because in doing so the HTTP
server is more generally useful.

I'm not sure if this answers your question, though.

http://www.openskills.org/

Bruce> 2008/7/11 Randal L. Schwartz <[hidden email]>:

Lautaro> But anyway, this add should be implemented in Swazoo then, to support this
Lautaro> kind of POST.

>> Why would Swazoo care?

Bruce> I care that the Hyper branch of the Swazoo server implements the RFCs
Bruce> and (in this case) W3C specs correctly because in doing so the HTTP
Bruce> server is more generally useful.

I thought the question was about multiple params of the same name within a
single mime payload.  As I see further up the thread, I see that it's about
handling multipart submissions.  Clash of terminology, sorry.  Yes, Swazoo
needs to handle those. :)

See http://methodsandmessages.vox.com/ for Smalltalk and Seaside discussion