Problem installing Reef - I get

Intrader Intrader
"The package depends on the following classes: JQAlphaNumeric"
It appears that Reef needs JQAlphaNumeric>>beDecimal and beInteger

I am executing

Gofer it
        squeaksource: 'Reef';
        package: 'Reef';
        load.

Re: Problem installing Reef - I get

EstebanLM
Hi,

yes... reef depends on some JQWidgetBox components. You need to install it before install Reef.
mmm... time to write a ConfigurationOfReef, I think.

best,
Esteban

El 22/03/2011, a las 12:10a.m., Fritz Schenk escribió:

> "The package depends on the following classes: JQAlphaNumeric"
> It appears that Reef needs JQAlphaNumeric>>beDecimal and beInteger
>
> I am executing
>
> Gofer it
> squeaksource: 'Reef';
> package: 'Reef';
> load.

Re: Problem installing Reef - I get

EstebanLM
Done, you can install a working version of reef by executing:

Gofer it
        squeaksource: 'Reef';
        package: 'ConfigurationOfReef';
        load.
(ConfigurationOfReef project version: '0.8') load.

cheers,

Esteban Lorenzano <estebanlm <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Done, you can install a working version of reef by executing:
>
> Gofer it
> squeaksource: 'Reef';
> package: 'ConfigurationOfReef';
> load.
> (ConfigurationOfReef project version: '0.8') load.
Sorry, still having problem:
After first doing the first load with no problems, followed by a
separate 'Doit' for the second loAD I get Error: could not resolve:
'ConfigurationOfjQueryWidgetBox'.
I am running 'Pharo1.2rc2\nLatest update:#12335

Fritz Schenk <intrader.intrader <at> gmail.com> writes:
>From 'http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/seaside/',
'2010-September/024564.html'
(sorry for the concatenate as XChat will not accept long lines)

 Gofer new
    squeaksource:'MetacelloRepository';
    package:'ConfigurationOfJQueryWidgetBox';
    load.

 ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfJQueryWidgetBox) project version: '1.5')
load.

Once I execute  (ConfigurationOfReef project version: '0.8') load.
a lot of stuff in the widget box gets reloaded (I don't really know what
it is doing for 10 minutes), but I got not errors.

So far so good!

Re: Problem installing Reef - I get

Intrader Intrader
Fritz Schenk <intrader.intrader <at> gmail.com> writes:

But, now when I do World Menu Save, the browser window is moved to the
bottom right.

What gives?

Re: Problem installing Reef - I get

Intrader Intrader
Fritz Schenk <intrader.intrader <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Fritz Schenk <intrader.intrader <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> But, now when I do World Menu Save, the browser window is moved to the
> bottom right.
>
> What gives?

Once I close and reopen the browser the problem with Save goes away.

Re: Problem installing Reef - I get

Julian Fitzell-2
That's a long-standing bug in Squeak and, I presume, Pharo. It only
happens sometimes and I've never been able to figure out under what
conditions...

Julian

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 9:43 PM, Fritz Schenk
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Fritz Schenk <intrader.intrader <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

>> Fritz Schenk <intrader.intrader <at> gmail.com> writes:
>>
>> But, now when I do World Menu Save, the browser window is moved to the
>> bottom right.
>>
>> What gives?
>>

> Once I close and reopen the browser the problem with Save goes away.

Re: Problem installing Reef - I get

Intrader Intrader
Everything was working Ok until I installed the WidgetBox and Reef.
This loads lots and lots of stuff.
Has the 'bug' been reported?

Re: Problem installing Reef - I get

EstebanLM
the "lot's of stuff" is because default Seaside30 installs a lot of stuff, including OB :(
and widget box too... :((
I changed a little the ConfigurationOfReef. Now, there is a default group, "Core", who does not attempts to install Seaside30 nor WidgetBox, that's all to you :) (and you still have the 'All' group who should load everything.

best,
Esteban

El 22/03/2011, a las 7:32p.m., Fritz Schenk escribió:

> Everything was working Ok until I installed the WidgetBox and Reef.
> This loads lots and lots of stuff.
> Has the 'bug' been reported?

Re: Problem installing Reef - I get

Intrader Intrader
Thanks for the update. Metacello configuration is powerful, but difficult to
get it all together in a more hierarchical way.

Will you be updating the tutorial?.

I don't have the foggiest when you say that you need to override #initialize,
and the text follows with #initializeContents. How are they related?

I don't find #initializeContents after the installation.

I will try to muddle through with it, and it would help if the tutorial had
a test suite.

How well will your components play with Magritte?

Thanks

Re: Problem installing Reef - I get

Intrader Intrader
by the way, your pdf is not searchable - why not make it part of the wiki?

Thanks

Re: Problem installing Reef - I get

Dale Henrichs
Fritz,

Alexandre Bergel and I are working on a MetacelloBrowser that should make working with creating configurations easier ... but we're still working on it...

Dale

On Mar 23, 2011, at 10:48 AM, Fritz Schenk wrote:

> Thanks for the update. Metacello configuration is powerful, but difficult to
> get it all together in a more hierarchical way.
>
> Will you be updating the tutorial?.
>
> I don't have the foggiest when you say that you need to override #initialize,
> and the text follows with #initializeContents. How are they related?
>
> I don't find #initializeContents after the installation.
>
> I will try to muddle through with it, and it would help if the tutorial had
> a test suite.
>
> How well will your components play with Magritte?
>
> Thanks

Re: Problem installing Reef - I get

Intrader Intrader
I am glad that you and Alexandre are working at this very important piece of
the Smalltalk puzzle.
I have been comparing capabilities of Git and Merkurial and find Merkurial
easier to understand and configure.
But these are file based unlike Metacello configuration for Monticello.
Thanks