Problem loading a branch of my pharo fork in an image

Problem loading a branch of my pharo fork in an image

Thomas Dupriez-2
Hello,

I loaded a branch of my pharo fork in an image using iceberg, but the
method I was interested in did not change for some reason (my branch's
latest commit changes this method, but these changes were not visible in
the image I loaded my branch in).

Does someone has an idea of what could have happened? Did I do something
wrong?

Here's what I did step-by-step if that helps:

- fresh pharo 7 image
- open iceberg
- repair repository "pharo"
- Clicked "Clone again this repository"
- Chose "Clone remote repository", and put the url of my pharo fork:
"https://github.com/dupriezt/pharo"
- ok
- wait for loading bar to complete
- pharo repo is marked as "Fetch required. Unknown 67dc1e8"
- repair repository "pharo"
- chose "Discard local changes and checkout an existing branch"
- chose the branch "BreakpointBrowser" from the "origin" remote
- Clicked "checkout" on the checkout preview window
- wait for loading bar to complete
- browse the method WorldState class>>debugOn:
- It is different from the last commit I made to this branch
(https://github.com/dupriezt/pharo/commit/ead94e32f138eb435a95cd889f77ca39d4c325f4)

Thomas Dupriez

Re: Problem loading a branch of my pharo fork in an image

Thomas Dupriez-2
I retried what I described below, but this time I cloned my pharo fork
using the "Clone from github" option instead of the "Clone remote
repository".

It's better, but not perfect. here are the differences:

- the pharo repo is marked as "Detached working Copy" instead of "Fetch
required. Unknown 67dc1e8"
- the changes to the WorldState class>>debugOn: were loaded this time
- however, the package I had added to my branch (BreakpointBrowser) was
not present, and not shown among the packages iceberg showed when
double-clickig on the pharo repo

Thomas Dupriez