Problem loading seaside with Zinc

Vitor Medina Cruz
Hello,

Here is my baseline

BaselineOfEmployees >> baseline: spec [

        <baseline>

        spec for: #'common' do: [
            spec blessing: #'baseline';
            baseline: 'Seaside3' with: [ spec repository: 'github://SeasideSt/Seaside:v3.2.2/repository' ];
            baseline: 'Magritte' with: [ spec repository: 'github://magritte-metamodel/magritte:v3.5.3/source';
                                                         loads: #(Seaside Core) ];

            package: 'Employees' with: [ spec requires: #('Seaside3' 'Magritte'). ];

            group: 'default' with: #('core');
            group: 'core' with: #('Employees')
        ].
]

Then running:

Metacello new baseline: 'Employees';
              repository: 'tonel:///opt/pharo/employeesSource/pharo/';
              ignoreImage;
              onConflict: [ :ex | ex useIncoming ];
              onWarning: [ :ex | Transcript crShow: ex ];
              silently;
              load: #(core).

In the end I got an error:

Fetched -> Seaside-Tests-Welcome-JohanBrichau.1497083460 --- <a href="https://github.com/SeasideSt/Seaside.git[73adecc]">https://github.com/SeasideSt/Seaside.git[73adecc] --- /opt/pharo/pharo-local/iceberg/SeasideSt/Seaside/repository (Libgit)Project: Zinc Project stable...RETRY->ConfigurationOfZincHTTPComponents...RETRY->ConfigurationOfZincHTTPComponents...FAILED->ConfigurationOfZincHTTPComponents[31mCould not resolve: ConfigurationOfZincHTTPComponents [ConfigurationOfZincHTTPComponents] in /opt/pharo/pharo-local/package-cache http://mc.stfx.eu/ZincHTTPComponents[0mMetacelloEnsureFetchingMCSpecLoader(MetacelloCommonMCSpecLoader)>>retryingResolvePackageSpecReferences:gofer:[ | references nearestReference cachedReference externalReference mcVersion loadedVersionInfos |cachedReference := nil.packageSpec searchCacheRepositoryForPackage: [ "check to see if mcz file is already in cacheRepository" cachedReference := self resolvePackageSpec: packageSpec cachedGofer: self loaderPolicy cacheGofer. (cachedReference ~~ nil and: [ packageSpec getFile ~~ nil ]) ifTrue: [ cachedReference name = packageSpec file ifTrue: [ "exact match between packageSpec file and cache" ^ self scheduleFetchFor: packageSpec cachedReference: cachedReference ] ] ].references := self retryingResolvePackageSpecReferences: packageSpec gofer: gofer. "look up mcz file"nearestReference := references last

Note it is trying to reach http://mc.stfx.eu/ZincHTTPComponents, which don't seems to be hosting Zinc anymore. Since these are transitive dependencies, I tried to define Zinc in the root of my baseline, as I did with seaside (magritte baseline had some problem with it), but the same error happened. Is there any workaround for this problem?

Regards,
Vitor

Re: Problem loading seaside with Zinc

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

> On 12 Dec 2018, at 18:56, Vitor Medina Cruz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Note it is trying to reach http://mc.stfx.eu/ZincHTTPComponents, which don't seems to be hosting Zinc anymore. Since these are transitive dependencies, I tried to define Zinc in the root of my baseline, as I did with seaside (magritte baseline had some problem with it), but the same error

Yes, that machine is partially down, the mc part will come up later, sorry. See my earlier message.

The best is to depend on https://github.com/svenvc/zinc using the baseline.

I can't depend on https://github.com/svenvc/zinc because this is a transitive dependency, my baseline depends of seaside that depends of Zinc. Is there a way to exclude Zinc dependency from Seaside so that I can force a Zinc dependency definition of my baseline?

On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 5:08 PM Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 12 Dec 2018, at 18:56, Vitor Medina Cruz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Note it is trying to reach http://mc.stfx.eu/ZincHTTPComponents, which don't seems to be hosting Zinc anymore. Since these are transitive dependencies, I tried to define Zinc in the root of my baseline, as I did with seaside (magritte baseline had some problem with it), but the same error

Yes, that machine is partially down, the mc part will come up later, sorry. See my earlier message.

The best is to depend on https://github.com/svenvc/zinc using the baseline.

Re: Problem loading seaside with Zinc

gcotelli
You can use the lock API in Metacello to use the dependency you want, ignoring the ones defined in the baselines.

On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 4:16 PM Vitor Medina Cruz <[hidden email]> wrote:
I can't depend on https://github.com/svenvc/zinc because this is a transitive dependency, my baseline depends of seaside that depends of Zinc. Is there a way to exclude Zinc dependency from Seaside so that I can force a Zinc dependency definition of my baseline?

On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 5:08 PM Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 12 Dec 2018, at 18:56, Vitor Medina Cruz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Note it is trying to reach http://mc.stfx.eu/ZincHTTPComponents, which don't seems to be hosting Zinc anymore. Since these are transitive dependencies, I tried to define Zinc in the root of my baseline, as I did with seaside (magritte baseline had some problem with it), but the same error

Yes, that machine is partially down, the mc part will come up later, sorry. See my earlier message.

The best is to depend on https://github.com/svenvc/zinc using the baseline.

Re: Problem loading seaside with Zinc

Johan Brichau-2
Busy changing this in the BaselineOfSeaside3 as we speak…

Johan

On 12 Dec 2018, at 20:20, Gabriel Cotelli <[hidden email]> wrote:

You can use the lock API in Metacello to use the dependency you want, ignoring the ones defined in the baselines.

On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 4:16 PM Vitor Medina Cruz <[hidden email]> wrote:
I can't depend on https://github.com/svenvc/zinc because this is a transitive dependency, my baseline depends of seaside that depends of Zinc. Is there a way to exclude Zinc dependency from Seaside so that I can force a Zinc dependency definition of my baseline?

On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 5:08 PM Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 12 Dec 2018, at 18:56, Vitor Medina Cruz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Note it is trying to reach http://mc.stfx.eu/ZincHTTPComponents, which don't seems to be hosting Zinc anymore. Since these are transitive dependencies, I tried to define Zinc in the root of my baseline, as I did with seaside (magritte baseline had some problem with it), but the same error

Yes, that machine is partially down, the mc part will come up later, sorry. See my earlier message.

The best is to depend on https://github.com/svenvc/zinc using the baseline.

Re: Problem loading seaside with Zinc

Paul DeBruicker
can also do the code rewriting described here as a stopgap measure:

http://forum.world.st/stfx-eu-down-tp5090610p5090624.html

Vitor Medina Cruz wrote

> [...]
> ].references := self retryingResolvePackageSpecReferences: packageSpec
> gofer: gofer. "look up mcz file"nearestReference := references last
>

> Note it is trying to reach *http://mc.stfx.eu/ZincHTTPComponents
> &lt;http://mc.stfx.eu/ZincHTTPComponents&gt;*, which don't seems to be
> hosting
> Zinc anymore. Since these are transitive dependencies, I tried to define
> Zinc in the root of my baseline, as I did with seaside (magritte baseline
> had some problem with it), but the same error happened. Is there any
> workaround for this problem?
>
> Regards,
> Vitor

Re: Problem loading seaside with Zinc

Vitor Medina Cruz
You can use the lock API in Metacello to use the dependency you want, ignoring the ones defined in the baselines.

You mean loading Zinc with lock before I load my project?

On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 5:21 PM Gabriel Cotelli <[hidden email]> wrote:
You can use the lock API in Metacello to use the dependency you want, ignoring the ones defined in the baselines.

On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 4:16 PM Vitor Medina Cruz <[hidden email]> wrote:
I can't depend on https://github.com/svenvc/zinc because this is a transitive dependency, my baseline depends of seaside that depends of Zinc. Is there a way to exclude Zinc dependency from Seaside so that I can force a Zinc dependency definition of my baseline?

On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 5:08 PM Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 12 Dec 2018, at 18:56, Vitor Medina Cruz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Note it is trying to reach http://mc.stfx.eu/ZincHTTPComponents, which don't seems to be hosting Zinc anymore. Since these are transitive dependencies, I tried to define Zinc in the root of my baseline, as I did with seaside (magritte baseline had some problem with it), but the same error

Yes, that machine is partially down, the mc part will come up later, sorry. See my earlier message.

The best is to depend on https://github.com/svenvc/zinc using the baseline.

Re: Problem loading seaside with Zinc

Vitor Medina Cruz
Did that:

Metacello new repository: 'github://svenvc/zinc:v3.0.1/repository';
baseline: 'ZincHTTPComponents';
ignoreImage;
onConflict: [ :ex | ex useIncoming ];
onWarning: [ :ex | Transcript crShow: ex ];
silently;
load;
lock.

Metacello new baseline: 'Employees';
repository: 'tonel:///opt/pharo/employeesSource/pharo/';
ignoreImage;
onConflict: [ :ex | ex useIncoming ];
onWarning: [ :ex | Transcript crShow: ex ];
silently;
load: #(core).

It seems it did the trick, but then I got another error:

Fetched -> Zinc-HTTP-SvenVanCaekenberghe.1542912596 --- <a href="https://github.com/svenvc/zinc.git[0327c84]">https://github.com/svenvc/zinc.git[0327c84] --- /opt/pharo/pharo-local/iceberg/svenvc/zinc/repository (Libgit)
...RETRY->Zinc-Seaside
...RETRY->Zinc-Seaside
...FAILED->Zinc-Seaside[31mCould not resolve: Zinc-Seaside [Zinc-Seaside] in /opt/pharo/pharo-local/package-cache /opt/pharo/pharo-local/iceberg/SeasideSt/Seaside/repository (Libgit)
[0mMetacelloFetchingMCSpecLoader(MetacelloCommonMCSpecLoader)>>retryingResolvePackageSpecReferences:gofer:

On Fri, Dec 14, 2018 at 11:07 AM Vitor Medina Cruz <[hidden email]> wrote:
You can use the lock API in Metacello to use the dependency you want, ignoring the ones defined in the baselines.

You mean loading Zinc with lock before I load my project?

On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 5:21 PM Gabriel Cotelli <[hidden email]> wrote:
You can use the lock API in Metacello to use the dependency you want, ignoring the ones defined in the baselines.

On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 4:16 PM Vitor Medina Cruz <[hidden email]> wrote:
I can't depend on https://github.com/svenvc/zinc because this is a transitive dependency, my baseline depends of seaside that depends of Zinc. Is there a way to exclude Zinc dependency from Seaside so that I can force a Zinc dependency definition of my baseline?

On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 5:08 PM Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 12 Dec 2018, at 18:56, Vitor Medina Cruz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Note it is trying to reach http://mc.stfx.eu/ZincHTTPComponents, which don't seems to be hosting Zinc anymore. Since these are transitive dependencies, I tried to define Zinc in the root of my baseline, as I did with seaside (magritte baseline had some problem with it), but the same error

Yes, that machine is partially down, the mc part will come up later, sorry. See my earlier message.

The best is to depend on https://github.com/svenvc/zinc using the baseline.

Re: Problem loading seaside with Zinc

CyrilFerlicot
On Fri, Dec 14, 2018 at 5:55 PM Vitor Medina Cruz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Did that:
>
> Metacello new repository: 'github://svenvc/zinc:v3.0.1/repository';
>               baseline: 'ZincHTTPComponents';
>               ignoreImage;
>               onConflict: [ :ex | ex useIncoming ];
>               onWarning: [ :ex | Transcript crShow: ex ];
>               silently;
>               load;
>               lock.
>
> Metacello new baseline: 'Employees';
>               repository: 'tonel:///opt/pharo/employeesSource/pharo/';
>               ignoreImage;
>               onConflict: [ :ex | ex useIncoming ];
>               onWarning: [ :ex | Transcript crShow: ex ];
>               silently;
>               load: #(core).
>

> It seems it did the trick, but then I got another error:
>
> Fetched -> Zinc-HTTP-SvenVanCaekenberghe.1542912596 --- https://github.com/svenvc/zinc.git[0327c84] --- /opt/pharo/pharo-local/iceberg/svenvc/zinc/repository (Libgit)
> ...RETRY->Zinc-Seaside
> ...RETRY->Zinc-Seaside
> ...FAILED->Zinc-Seaside[31mCould not resolve: Zinc-Seaside [Zinc-Seaside] in /opt/pharo/pharo-local/package-cache /opt/pharo/pharo-local/iceberg/SeasideSt/Seaside/repository (Libgit)
> [0mMetacelloFetchingMCSpecLoader(MetacelloCommonMCSpecLoader)>>retryingResolvePackageSpecReferences:gofer:
> [ | references nearestReference cachedReference externalReference mcVersion loadedVersionInfos |
> cachedReference := nil.

Hi,

I think I read that Seaside changed the Zinc dependency to the one on
github. Could you retry to load it the normal way please?

--
Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

Re: Problem loading seaside with Zinc

Vitor Medina Cruz
Oh yes, I thought they were woking on the change of seaside, but it is done: https://github.com/SeasideSt/Seaside/releases/tag/v3.2.5

I put version 3.2.5 of seaside on my baseline and now it works!!!

Thanks!