Problem migrating from Seaside 3.0.9 to Seaside 3.1.3

Problem migrating from Seaside 3.0.9 to Seaside 3.1.3

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi guys,

I am trying to port my app from Seaside 3.0.9 to Seaside 3.1.3. I am in Pharo 2.0 at the moment. All code loads clean. However, I cannot get pass my login window. The root task (WATask implementing #go) of my app does a call: to "welcome and login" component. This component has a username and password input and a simple login button.

The problem is that no matter what I do, the callback of the submit button is never called. When I click in Submit button, I do see the URL bar in the browser to get a new _k.... but it refreshes me again to the login page.  In fact...I put a halt AFTER the #call: to my welcome/login page in the #go of the root task...and nothing...it does not even halt there...

So something strange is going on and I have no clue where to take a look.

Any idea?

Re: Problem migrating from Seaside 3.0.9 to Seaside 3.1.3

Mariano Martinez Peck
Ok, I found the problem in case someone else has the same... In seaside 3.0.9 I was doing:

preferenceAt: #actionPhaseContinuationClass put: MyActionPhaseContinuation;

MyActionPhaseContinuation was a subclass of WAActionPhaseContinuation and  implemented its own #handleRequest doing something and then calling super. In 3.1.3 it seems I need to subclass from WACallbackProcessingActionContinuation instead and also re-implement #performAction.

Thanks,

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: Problem migrating from Seaside 3.0.9 to Seaside 3.1.3

Esteban A. Maringolo
Mariano,

You made me look into the WACallbackProcessingActionContinuation class.

Is there any reference about the whole WARenderLoopConfiguration hierarchy?

Not strictly related, but can you explain why you use a different actionPhaseContinuation?

Regards!

Esteban A. Maringolo

[...]

Philippe Marschall
On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 12:02 AM, Esteban A. Maringolo
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Mariano,
>
> You made me look into the WACallbackProcessingActionContinuation class.
>
> Is there any reference about the whole WARenderLoopConfiguration hierarchy?
>
> Not strictly related, but can you explain why you use a different
> actionPhaseContinuation?

I don't want to be an ass but this is covered in the 3.1.0 change log
[1] and the related issue [2].

 [1] https://code.google.com/p/seaside/wiki/Seaside310Changelog
 [2] https://code.google.com/p/seaside/issues/detail?id=680

Cheers
Philippe

On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 7:02 PM, Esteban A. Maringolo <[hidden email]> wrote:
Mariano,

You made me look into the WACallbackProcessingActionContinuation class.

Is there any reference about the whole WARenderLoopConfiguration hierarchy?

Not strictly related, but can you explain why you use a different actionPhaseContinuation?

Probably the seaside book has something with it. In my case, I only use it for this: my website has a little part in the footer (or admin page) that shows the latest request for each user. So it displays something like:   "Last request userXxxx  dateandtime....". So I needed a way to hook into the callbacks processing so that I can store that info. The way this is done in my case is by creating my own subclass of WACallbackProcessingActionContinuation, reimplement:

performAction
self session db ifNotNilDo: [:db | db cache at: #lastRequestDateAndTime put: DateAndTime now
        ].
  super performAction

Cheers,

Regards!

Esteban A. Maringolo

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Mariano,
>
> You made me look into the WACallbackProcessingActionContinuation class.
>
> Is there any reference about the whole WARenderLoopConfiguration hierarchy?
>
> Not strictly related, but can you explain why you use a different
> actionPhaseContinuation?

I don't want to be an ass but this is covered in the 3.1.0 change log
[1] and the related issue [2].

Thanks Philippe, those links are very helpful.

 [1] https://code.google.com/p/seaside/wiki/Seaside310Changelog
 [2] https://code.google.com/p/seaside/issues/detail?id=680

Cheers
Philippe

Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: Problem migrating from Seaside 3.0.9 to Seaside 3.1.3

Philippe Marschall
On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 2:51 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 7:02 PM, Esteban A. Maringolo <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Mariano,
>>
>> You made me look into the WACallbackProcessingActionContinuation class.
>>
>> Is there any reference about the whole WARenderLoopConfiguration
>> hierarchy?
>>
>> Not strictly related, but can you explain why you use a different
>> actionPhaseContinuation?
>>

> Probably the seaside book has something with it. In my case, I only use it
> for this: my website has a little part in the footer (or admin page) that
> shows the latest request for each user. So it displays something like:
> "Last request userXxxx  dateandtime....". So I needed a way to hook into the
> callbacks processing so that I can store that info. The way this is done in
> my case is by creating my own subclass of
> WACallbackProcessingActionContinuation, reimplement:
>
> performAction
> self session db ifNotNilDo: [:db | db cache at: #lastRequestDateAndTime put:
> DateAndTime now
>         ].
>   super performAction

Usually a filter would be the place to do this. However you'll always
see the time of the "action request". You could simply use the second
last.

Cheers
Philippe