Problem registering inproc servers

Pavel Perikov-2
DLLs generated by Dolphin do not supply 'ThreadingModel' under
InProcServer32. This seem to bethe ultimate cause for Dolphin COM servers
beeing unable to work in COM+ applications. It should supply
'ThreadingModel=Apartment'

Yours, Pavel

Re: Problem registering inproc servers

Blair McGlashan
"Pavel Perikov" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...
> DLLs generated by Dolphin do not supply 'ThreadingModel' under
> InProcServer32. This seem to bethe ultimate cause for Dolphin COM servers
> beeing unable to work in COM+ applications. It should supply
> 'ThreadingModel=Apartment'

No, it shouldn't, because that would not be true. Please correct me if I am
wrong, but when the threading model is not specified, it is assumed to be
"single". I suspect this (and therefore Dolphin in-proc components in this
release) is not compatible with COM+.

There is also a known issue with D5's in-proc DLLs not registering the
type-library correctly in betas 1 & 2.

Regards

Blair

Re: Problem registering inproc servers

Blair McGlashan
"Blair McGlashan" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...
> "Pavel Perikov" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
> news:[hidden email]...
> > DLLs generated by Dolphin do not supply 'ThreadingModel' under
> > InProcServer32. This seem to bethe ultimate cause for Dolphin COM
servers
> > beeing unable to work in COM+ applications. It should supply
> > 'ThreadingModel=Apartment'
>
> No, it shouldn't, because that would not be true. Please correct me if I
am
> wrong, but when the threading model is not specified, it is assumed to be
> "single". I suspect this (and therefore Dolphin in-proc components in this
> release) is not compatible with COM+.

I should have added that specifying ThreadingModel="Apartment" _may_ work
because Dolphin's VM will serialise the incoming calls anyway.

Regards

Blair