Problem running stic

German Vivero
I just downloaded and installed Redline as instructed but have this
problem

Macintosh:redline-deploy conecta$ ./stic
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: st/redline/
Stic
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: st.redline.Stic

Re: Problem running stic

James Ladd
Have you defined REDLINE_HOME ?
This is the usual cause of this error.

See Executing Hello World:

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 4:24 AM, German Vivero <[hidden email]> wrote:
I just downloaded and installed Redline as instructed but have this
problem

Macintosh:redline-deploy conecta$ ./stic
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: st/redline/
Stic
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: st.redline.Stic

Re: Problem running stic

senTalker
This should really be in the "readme" file ;-)

El viernes, 20 de abril de 2012 05:47:17 UTC+2, jamesl escribió:
See Executing Hello World:

>> http://www.redline.st/discover/getting-started.html

Re: Problem running stic

SeanTAllen
Sebastian,

Could you fork the repo and update the README to cover the problem you had then do a pull request and I'll get it in?

Thanks.

Sean

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Problem running stic

senTalker
I had no particular big problem :-)

I was only saying that it would be "nice" to have the "getting
started" information not just on the official website (
http://www.redline.st/discover/getting-started.html ) but also in some
"readme" file in the distribution. Or at least the URL somewhere.

Maybe it's just me, but I expect to open some readme file and give me
some pointers on how to get started, where to find examples, how to
run them, etc.

Cheers,

Sebastian

2012/11/21 Sean Allen <[hidden email]>:

> Sebastian,
>
> Could you fork the repo and update the README to cover the problem you had
> then do a pull request and I'll get it in?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Sean
>

> On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 5:58 AM, Sebastian Nozzi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> This should really be in the "readme" file ;-)
>>
>> El viernes, 20 de abril de 2012 05:47:17 UTC+2, jamesl escribió:
>>>
>>> See Executing Hello World:

> Sent from my iPhone

Re: Problem running stic

James Ladd
Good idea - please can you add to readme?

Sent from Hyperspace.

On 22/11/2012, at 12:28 AM, Sebastian Nozzi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I had no particular big problem :-)
>
> I was only saying that it would be "nice" to have the "getting
> started" information not just on the official website (
> http://www.redline.st/discover/getting-started.html ) but also in some
> "readme" file in the distribution. Or at least the URL somewhere.
>
> Maybe it's just me, but I expect to open some readme file and give me
> some pointers on how to get started, where to find examples, how to
> run them, etc.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Sebastian
>

> 2012/11/21 Sean Allen <[hidden email]>:
>> Sebastian,
>>
>> Could you fork the repo and update the README to cover the problem you had
>> then do a pull request and I'll get it in?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Sean
>>

>> On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 5:58 AM, Sebastian Nozzi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> This should really be in the "readme" file ;-)

>> Sent from my iPhone

Re: Problem running stic

senTalker
Yes. I can do that. I'll let you know.