Problem to connect repository running on VirtualBox machine

Problem to connect repository running on VirtualBox machine

Gemstone/S mailing list
Hello everyone,

I was trying to setup a local environment with Gemstone running on a Virtual Box Machine with Linux, and connect to it from host machine running Windows, but unfortunately i'm struggling to make it work.

I succesfully installed GS but When I try to connect to my DB using Jade, it doesn't connect to netldi.

From the Netldi log, it doesn't seems to being receiving the connection attempt. But I noticed something strange: it displays this message at the beggining:

From that message looks like other process is already using that port, but that is not true. I tested it with command netstat -tulpn | grep netldid

Before starting netldi it shows no results. After I've started it it shows this

tcp6 0 0 :::50387 :::* LISTEN 1135/netldid

  • I've installed CENTOS 7 and Gemstone 3.4.3 on the VM
  • The host machine is running Windows 7
  • Jade version is 2.3.9
  • I've opened port for Netldi on server
  • forwarded ports on VM are:
  • forwarded ports
  • Parameters set in Jade:
Sorry for all the content but i think it might give you a better perspective of what could be possible happening. Thank you in advance!

Sent from the Gemstone/S mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Re: Problem to connect repository running on VirtualBox machine

Gemstone/S mailing list
Here are a few thoughts.

1. When port forwarding with Virtual Box, the source IP address is maintained. If you are only listening on 127.0.0.1 and Jade is attempting to connect to 127.0.0.1 instead of ::1, the connection will fail.

2. The logs indicate it is trying to listen on '::' and '::1'. Did you by chance change STN_LISTENING_ADDRESSES in your system.conf? '::' will cover '::1'. This could explain the error message you are seeing in the log.

3. Perhaps you need to add your LAN address to STN_LISTENING_ADDRESSES or listen on '0.0.0.0'. This may help if Jade is attempting to connect over IPv4.

Hope this helps,
Kurt

On 28/08/2019 11:28, brianstone via GemStone-Smalltalk wrote:
Hello everyone,

I was trying to setup a local environment with Gemstone running on a Virtual Box Machine with Linux, and connect to it from host machine running Windows, but unfortunately i'm struggling to make it work.

I succesfully installed GS but When I try to connect to my DB using Jade, it doesn't connect to netldi.

From the Netldi log, it doesn't seems to being receiving the connection attempt. But I noticed something strange: it displays this message at the beggining:

From that message looks like other process is already using that port, but that is not true. I tested it with command netstat -tulpn | grep netldid