Problem updating Glass

Sebastia Van Lacke
I am having some problems when updating glass, from GLASS.230-dkh.217 to beta.230
I get this message:

The following definitions had errors while loading.  Press Proceed to try to load them again (they may work on a second pass):
  OSkSocketReadException
  OSkSocketTimerException
  HTTPWWWAuthenticateField
  OSkLogSwitch
  OSkActiveSocketObserver
  SAXHandler
  UTF8ReadStream

I press proceed, and then it crushes.

InterpreterError 2021: A reference into the dictionary <aGsMethodDictionary>
 using the non-existent key <#'handleInternalServerException:'> was made.

what can i do to sort this problem out?

Thanks!

Sebastián Van Lacke

Re: Problem updating Glass

Dale Henrichs
Sebastián,

Are you using the GemTools update menu to do the upgrade?

Dale

On 02/11/2011 05:38 AM, Sebastian Van Lacke wrote:

> I am having some problems when updating glass, from GLASS.230-dkh.217 to
> beta.230
> I get this message:
>
> The following definitions had errors while loading.  Press Proceed to
> try to load them again (they may work on a second pass):
>    OSkSocketReadException
>    OSkSocketTimerException
>    HTTPWWWAuthenticateField
>    OSkLogSwitch
>    OSkActiveSocketObserver
>    SAXHandler
>    UTF8ReadStream
>
> I press proceed, and then it crushes.
>
> InterpreterError 2021: A reference into the dictionary <aGsMethodDictionary>
>   using the non-existent key <#'handleInternalServerException:'> was made.
>
> what can i do to sort this problem out?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Sebastián Van Lacke

Re: Problem updating Glass

Dale Henrichs
Sebastian,

An initial observation is that the message
#'handleInternalServerException: is implemented in HTTPConnection in
GLASS a version later than GLASS.230-dkh.176 ... I'm looking at
GLASS.230-dkh.231 for reference ... and that message is send while
attempting to handle an HTTP request through Hyper ...

That tells me that the error message that you got is happening because
an HTTP is request is hitting your server during the update process ....
So it is worth arranging so that no http requests are being sent to your
server while you are doing the update and perhaps the upgrade will
finish cleanly ...