Problem with GroupBox and Form in Pollock

Problem with GroupBox and Form in Pollock

Guillermo Sapaya
Hi,
I'm using Pollock and I'm having a problem when I add a GroupBox to my UserInterface. For example, suppose that I want to add two RadioButtons and a GroupBox inside a Form, then my createInterface methods will look like:

createInterface

    | form groupBox simpleRadioButton collectionRadioButton |
    form := Pollock.Form new id: #aspectsChooserForm.
    form frame: (FractionalFrame fractionLeft: 0 right: 1 top: 0 bottom: 1).
    form frame
        leftOffset: 5;
        topOffset: 5;
        bottomOffset: -5;
        rightOffset: -5.
    self addComponent: form.
    groupBox := Pollock.GroupBox new id: #aspectsChooserGroupBox.
    groupBox
        frame: (FractionalFrame
                    fractionLeft: 0
                    right: 1
                    top: 0
                    bottom: 1);
        label: (Pollock.Label string: 'Select Aspects to Edit').
    form addComponent: groupBox.
    simpleRadioButton := Pollock.RadioButton new selectValue: #simple; model: self selectedEdition.
    simpleRadioButton frame: (FractionalFrame fractionLeft: 0.1 top: 0.4 right: 0.5 bottom: 0.5).
    simpleRadioButton frame bottomOffset: 20.
    simpleRadioButton addComponent:
        ((Pollock.DisplayLabel string: 'Simple')
            frame: AlignmentFrame centerLeft).
    form addComponent: simpleRadioButton.
    collectionRadioButton := Pollock.RadioButton new selectValue: #collection; model: self selectedEdition.
    collectionRadioButton frame: (FractionalFrame fractionLeft: 0.6 top: 0.4 right: 0.9 bottom: 0.5).
    collectionRadioButton frame bottomOffset: 20.
    collectionRadioButton addComponent:
        ((Pollock.DisplayLabel string: 'Collection')
            frame: AlignmentFrame centerLeft).
    form addComponent: collectionRadioButton.

I open the view and this look good, but I can't click over the components inside the form, for example, a click over the radioButtons has not effect.
If I comment the GroupBox code (or the form code) in the createInterface method, all work fine. I create and attach to this mail a class with the example and with two methods (#createInterfaceWithGroupBox and #createInterfaceWithoutGroupBox). You can rename each one to #createInterface and reproduce that I said.
Someone can help me? any suggestions?
Thanks in advance!

--
Saludos,
Guillermo Sapaya

TestGroupBoxFormProblem.st (7K) Download Attachment

Re: Problem with GroupBox and Form in Pollock

Samuel S. Shuster <sames@interaccess.com>
Guillermo,

> Someone can help me? any suggestions?
> Thanks in advance!

This is a known bug, and it will be addressed this summer.

                                 And So It Goes
                                      Sames

Samuel S. Shuster [|]
VisualWorks Engineering, GUI Project
Smalltalk Enables Success -- What Are YOU Using?