Problem with Pharo 1.3 in Windows

Santiago Vidal
I downloaded the latest Pharo 1.3 image version (Core) but it doesn't work on windows 7. After the execution of the file squeak.exe (of Oneclick ) the Pharo window is suddenly closed.
Has anyone experienced the same problem?
Cheers
    Santiago

--
Ing. Santiago A. Vidal
ISISTAN Research Institute
Email: [hidden email]
http://www.exa.unicen.edu.ar/~svidal

Re: Problem with Pharo 1.3 in Windows

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi Santiago

which VM are you using.
Did you try with the VM shipped with the one-click image of 1.2.2?

Stef

> I downloaded the latest Pharo 1.3 image version (Core) but it doesn't work on windows 7. After the execution of the file squeak.exe (of Oneclick ) the Pharo window is suddenly closed.
> Has anyone experienced the same problem?

yes if you try to open the image with the wrong VM.

> Cheers
>     Santiago
>
> --
> Ing. Santiago A. Vidal
> ISISTAN Research Institute
> UNICEN University
> Paraje Arroyo Seco
> Campus Universitario
> (B7001BBO) Tandil,
> Bs. As. - Argentina
> Phone: 54 2293 439840 Ext. 42
> Fax:  54 2293 439681
> Email: [hidden email]
> http://www.exa.unicen.edu.ar/~svidal

Re: Problem with Pharo 1.3 in Windows

Marcus Denker-4

On May 18, 2011, at 10:24 PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> Hi Santiago
>
> which VM are you using.

I used a new VM to build 1.2.2. I did the same mistake when building 1.2.1

So I will do it again.

This situation with the thousands of different VMs is *impossible*. We need to fix that.

> Did you try with the VM shipped with the one-click image of 1.2.2?

The one-click on hudson I guess does not work becuase of that...

We need to finish the auto build of the VM. We need to ship one VM per Release.
Else we will end up in a mess.

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

On May 19, 2011, at 8:05 AM, Marcus Denker wrote:

> On May 18, 2011, at 10:24 PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>
>> Hi Santiago
>>
>> which VM are you using.
>
> I used a new VM to build 1.2.2. I did the same mistake when building 1.2.1

I made a new one:

        https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/28553/PharoCore-1.2.2-12353.zip

And for 1.3, we should not release it until Hudson/Jenkinds can build the complete
thing *with version numbers*.

        Marcus

On May 19, 2011, at 11:07 AM, Marcus Denker wrote:

> On May 19, 2011, at 8:05 AM, Marcus Denker wrote:
>

>> On May 18, 2011, at 10:24 PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Santiago
>>>
>>> which VM are you using.
>>
>> I used a new VM to build 1.2.2. I did the same mistake when building 1.2.1
>>

> I made a new one:
>
> https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/28553/PharoCore-1.2.2-12353.zip

and Full:

        https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/28554/Pharo-1.2.2-12353.zip

Hudson build images are compatible to old vm, too.

        Marcus