Problem with Rosetta

jWarrior
I am trying to file out some Dolphin 5.1 code using Rosetta, and I get
the error message "Package does not understand classesOrderedByDepth".

This is the method that is failing:

definedClasses
        "Return a collection of all classes defined in my object.
        If possible, sort them hierarchically so that the file-in
        will have no problem with undeclared references."

        ^object classesOrderedByDepth

I get the same error with Rosetta10D5.zip and Rosetta11D5.zip. Google
knows nothing about "classesOrderedByDepth"

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks.

Donald

Re: Problem with Rosetta

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Donald,

> Any ideas appreciated.

It sounds like tree iteration depth first.  You might look for a
compatible representation of all classes and filter to the package, or
put the classes in the package in such an order.  Note that you might
need to concern yourself wiht whether a class itself is in a package, or
whether the package merely adds a loose method.

My package documentation goodie might contain some code that would be
useful to you.  The table of contents it generates puts classes in
"blood line" order or something which is either what you want or 180
degrees away from it.

Have a good one,

Bill

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.

Re: Problem with Rosetta

Joseph Pelrine-7
[hidden email] wrote:

> I am trying to file out some Dolphin 5.1 code using Rosetta, and I get
> the error message "Package does not understand classesOrderedByDepth".
>
> This is the method that is failing:
>
> definedClasses
> "Return a collection of all classes defined in my object.
> If possible, sort them hierarchically so that the file-in
> will have no problem with undeclared references."
>
> ^object classesOrderedByDepth
>
> I get the same error with Rosetta10D5.zip and Rosetta11D5.zip. Google
> knows nothing about "classesOrderedByDepth"
>
> Any ideas appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Donald

Hmmm, wierd. Of course, I don't tend to move things out of Dolphin very
often ;-) Unfortunately, I'm on the road right now (see below), and
don't have access to my Dolphin Rosetta image, but, looking at the image
I have here, it looks like you can just substitute
#classesOrderedByDepth with #classesInHierarchyOrder. Hope that helps.

<blatant plug>
I'll be speaking at the New York ST User's Group Wednesday evening.
http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/userblogs/ocit/blogView?showComments=true&entry=3302379943
</blatant plug>

Cheers
Joseph