Problem with Seaside callbacks.

Long Haired David
I had trouble putting a drop down into a normal window so it seemed a good idea to finally get to grips with Seaside.

All has progressed swimmingly and the last couple of days has let me implement a lot of my views as web pages (much easier than WebConnection which I have been using for about 15 years!).

Here is the problem.

I am writing a program to generate model railroad freight car switch lists. I have got to the point where the user has entered their freight cars but wants, not, to define where on the railroad each car is placed. So I have a list of cars with an edit link on each line. You can see this page at http://www.totallyobjects.com:8080/getcars

Each line includes the following code:

html tableData: [ html anchor
callback: [ self editCar: each ];
with: 'edit']

This code generates a link with test as Edit and a url connection to the edit cars page set for each individual car

editCar: aCar method looks like this:

editCar: aCar

self call: (OBSLCarsEdit new
oneCar: aCar;
yourself)

This, as I understand it should open my webpage called OBSLCarsEdit and feed the object called aCar into the instance variable oneCar in the new window. The usual Seaside rendering process should then take over and display the data. OBSLCarsEdit has been fully tested as a stand alone page and works perfectly.

When I click on a link I get the following in the debug window:

Error String: 'a ContextEmulator
WAActionCallback>>#evaluateWithArgument:
  arg1 = nil
 not found while capturing continuation.'
Resumable: false

Process
Name: Dispatch worker: 13973
Process State: suspended

Warning:
The stack is only partially shown due to large size.
Select the Previous/Next Stack Range Menu to display additional methods.
Note: Selecting Previous Range at top, will wrap around to the bottom.
Current stack range displayed is: 61 to 160 of 160 stack frames.

Any help with moving forward would be appreciated.

David

David
Totally Objects
Doing Smalltalk since 1989

Problem with Seaside callbacks.

jtuchel
David,

I am not sure if this is exactly your problem, but be aware that VAST doesn't support call:/answer: due to restrictions regarding Continuations. So first I'd try if replacing call: with show: or show:onAnswer: works for you.

Unfortunately, this all means you`ll have to ignore some of the available doc on Seaside.
It is not as bad as it sounds, however.I'm happily using Seaside in VAST in several projects/products.

I've also blogged a little about the topic:http://joachimtuchel.wordpress.com/?s=seaside&submit=Search

Hth,

Joachim

Re: Problem with Seaside callbacks.

Long Haired David
Yes, I found this out today. As this is purely a personal project - I have pretty much retired from commercial Smalltalk development - I can refactor the requirement. I tried lots of  possibilities but finally went for a simple solution using drop down menus in a form.

This is what it looks like.

I am very impressed with the ability of Seaside to let me develop very quickly, unlike good old Web Connection. However, I miss the flexibility that I had for importing raw html. Still, I may get to grips with all of this and find that I can do everything that I need (want!).

Thanks for the help.

David
Totally Objects

On Wednesday, October 22, 2014 9:10:28 PM UTC+1, Totally Objects wrote:
I had trouble putting a drop down into a normal window so it seemed a good idea to finally get to grips with Seaside.

All has progressed swimmingly and the last couple of days has let me implement a lot of my views as web pages (much easier than WebConnection which I have been using for about 15 years!).

Here is the problem.

I am writing a program to generate model railroad freight car switch lists. I have got to the point where the user has entered their freight cars but wants, not, to define where on the railroad each car is placed. So I have a list of cars with an edit link on each line. You can see this page at <a href="http://www.totallyobjects.com:8080/getcars" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href='http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Fwww.totallyobjects.com%3A8080%2Fgetcars\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNG-K85cUKvsEsxIKSW9wFWPSMfpJQ';return true;" onclick="this.href='http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Fwww.totallyobjects.com%3A8080%2Fgetcars\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNG-K85cUKvsEsxIKSW9wFWPSMfpJQ';return true;">http://www.totallyobjects.com:8080/getcars

Totally Objects
Doing Smalltalk since 1989