Problem with Sounds

Matthew Fotzler
Hello,

I'm trying to do some development with sound in Pharo.  The problem
I'm having is as follows:

1) I load up Pharo-1.1.1-dev10.09.1.image and save it as test.image.
2) I open test.image.
3) I do "PluckedSound default play".  The sound plays.
4) I "Save and Quit"
5) I reopen test.image and do "PluckedSound default play" again, but
no sound will play.

I've only been using Pharo and smalltalk for a few weeks, so I'm still
very new.  Is there something I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks,
Matthew Fotzler

Re: Problem with Sounds

Stéphane Ducasse
Dear Matthew

can you try with the 1.2 release candidate?
        https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/job/Pharo%201.2/

Stef

On Mar 7, 2011, at 12:42 AM, Matthew Fotzler wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to do some development with sound in Pharo.  The problem
> I'm having is as follows:
>
> 1) I load up Pharo-1.1.1-dev10.09.1.image and save it as test.image.
> 2) I open test.image.
> 3) I do "PluckedSound default play".  The sound plays.
> 4) I "Save and Quit"
> 5) I reopen test.image and do "PluckedSound default play" again, but
> no sound will play.
>
> I've only been using Pharo and smalltalk for a few weeks, so I'm still
> very new.  Is there something I'm doing wrong here?

may be there is a problem with the sound settings.

> Thanks,
> Matthew Fotzler

Re: Problem with Sounds

Matthew Fotzler
Hi Stef,

I tried with the 1.2 release candidate, and I can't get the sound to
play at all.  It still works with the 1.1.1 image until I save and
reopen it.

Matthew

On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 12:27 AM, Stéphane Ducasse
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Matthew
>
> can you try with the 1.2 release candidate?
>        https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/job/Pharo%201.2/
>
> Stef
>
> On Mar 7, 2011, at 12:42 AM, Matthew Fotzler wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm trying to do some development with sound in Pharo.  The problem
>> I'm having is as follows:
>>
>> 1) I load up Pharo-1.1.1-dev10.09.1.image and save it as test.image.
>> 2) I open test.image.
>> 3) I do "PluckedSound default play".  The sound plays.
>> 4) I "Save and Quit"
>> 5) I reopen test.image and do "PluckedSound default play" again, but
>> no sound will play.
>>
>> I've only been using Pharo and smalltalk for a few weeks, so I'm still
>> very new.  Is there something I'm doing wrong here?
>
> may be there is a problem with the sound settings.
>

>> Thanks,
>> Matthew Fotzler

Re: Problem with Sounds

Stéphane Ducasse
Thanks matthew

I know that my VM does not have all the sound primitives.

Stef

On Mar 7, 2011, at 4:46 PM, Matthew Fotzler wrote:

> Hi Stef,
>
> I tried with the 1.2 release candidate, and I can't get the sound to
> play at all.  It still works with the 1.1.1 image until I save and
> reopen it.
>
> Matthew
>
> On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 12:27 AM, Stéphane Ducasse
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Dear Matthew
>>
>> can you try with the 1.2 release candidate?
>>        https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/job/Pharo%201.2/
>>
>> Stef
>>
>> On Mar 7, 2011, at 12:42 AM, Matthew Fotzler wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to do some development with sound in Pharo.  The problem
>>> I'm having is as follows:
>>>
>>> 1) I load up Pharo-1.1.1-dev10.09.1.image and save it as test.image.
>>> 2) I open test.image.
>>> 3) I do "PluckedSound default play".  The sound plays.
>>> 4) I "Save and Quit"
>>> 5) I reopen test.image and do "PluckedSound default play" again, but
>>> no sound will play.
>>>
>>> I've only been using Pharo and smalltalk for a few weeks, so I'm still
>>> very new.  Is there something I'm doing wrong here?
>>
>> may be there is a problem with the sound settings.
>>

>>> Thanks,
>>> Matthew Fotzler

Re: Problem with Sounds

Matthew Fotzler
Is there another VM I should be using, or how can I fix this problem?
(I'm using the Squeak 4.2.5beta1U VM from the pharo site)

Thanks,
Matthew