Problem with copy text while browsing FAQ

Problem with copy text while browsing FAQ

mozilla
I have opened the FAQ page. Its first article is a question on insertion
into DOM.
I attempt to highlight the code and copy to a workspace. The attempt to use
Ctrl c (for copy) hangs the page.
Ubuntu tells me after a while that the page has hang up. After a while it
unfreezes and I am able to copy (using chrome menus) to the console.

Re: Problem with copy text while browsing FAQ

Lincke, Jens
Hi,

The page contains some vertical in vertical layouts. On slow machines this might take a while.

you can evaluate code everywhere by selecting and pressing CTRL+D or CTRL+P if you are interested int the result.

Best,
Jens

Am 28.08.2013 um 04:04 schrieb mozillanerd <[hidden email]>:

I have opened the FAQ page. Its first article is a question on insertion
into DOM.
I attempt to highlight the code and copy to a workspace. The attempt to use
Ctrl c (for copy) hangs the page.
Ubuntu tells me after a while that the page has hang up. After a while it
unfreezes and I am able to copy (using chrome menus) to the console.

Re: Problem with copy text while browsing FAQ

mozilla
Jens Lincke <jens.lincke@...> writes:

Thanks for the answer Jens. It must have been that inadvertently LK thought
I selected a large structure. Today I selected again and copied via Ctrl-C
to a workspace window with no problmms.

I also 'doit' from the highlighted text with no problem.

However, if I LK thinks I am in the process of dragging the text, a very
long hangup occurs which I can abort by waiting for javascript interpreter
to tell me a script is hhanging.

I am enjoying following the FAQ page for the various examples therein. I
will need to post additionally for web access.