Problem with css and tables

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi people: I have a problem with css but probably it is because I know very little about them and I hate them ahaha.

I have a Pier table with |s   The thing is that I want to put a particular css to those tables (the one I create in a page with |s )   but not to ALL the html tables the Pier render.
If I change in my css table for example, it will affect to all pier tables: when crating a component, when adding, editing, etc...
I can create another css class (tableForMyTables for example), but then I should change Pier code so that it renders tables with my css class instead of the standardone.

Does anyone know how can achieve this? Perhaps adding a div for my tables? but I don't know what do to then haha.

Thanks for the help!

Mariano

Re: Problem with css and tables

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 2:50 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi people: I have a problem with css but probably it is because I know very little about them and I hate them ahaha.

I have a Pier table with |s   The thing is that I want to put a particular css to those tables (the one I create in a page with |s )   but not to ALL the html tables the Pier render.
If I change in my css table for example, it will affect to all pier tables: when crating a component, when adding, editing, etc...
I can create another css class (tableForMyTables for example), but then I should change Pier code so that it renders tables with my css class instead of the standardone.

Does anyone know how can achieve this? Perhaps adding a div for my tables? but I don't know what do to then haha.

Ok. I had an idea: put all my table in a div with a particular css ID  (using # in css). With this I don't affect all the others table.

But now I see the html rendered for this tables (when using |s ) and it is like this:

And I would like something like this:

     <!-- Table header -->

         <thead>
                 <th scope="col" id="...">...</th>
         </thead>

     <!-- Table footer -->

         <tfoot>
         </tfoot>

     <!-- Table body -->

         <tbody>
         </tbody>

I tried to see in Pier code where the table of | is rendered, but I didn't find it. I just saw PRTable but there is no renderContentOn: or similar.
Does someone know how can I do to obtain that output ?

Thanks a lot in advance

Mariano

Thanks for the help!

Mariano

Re: Problem with css and tables

John McKeon
Hi Mariano,

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 11:08 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:

I tried to see in Pier code where the table of | is rendered, but I didn't find it. I just saw PRTable but there is no renderContentOn: or similar.

Look at PRDocumentParser to do what you are suggesting.

Does someone know how can I do to obtain that output ?

If your table does not reference any Pier structures you might want to consider writing it as a straight Seaside component and "plugging it into" the Pier page.

Thanks a lot in advance

Mariano

Thanks for the help!

Mariano

http://jmck.seasidehosting.st

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 1:02 PM, John McKeon <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Mariano,

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 11:08 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:

I tried to see in Pier code where the table of | is rendered, but I didn't find it. I just saw PRTable but there is no renderContentOn: or similar.

Look at PRDocumentParser to do what you are suggesting.

Sorry John but I didn't find it. I need to see the html rendered when I create tables using |aaa|bbb| and change it from the original one to the one I said in this mail. I am still newbie with Pier, would you mind explaining me again ?

Does someone know how can I do to obtain that output ?

If your table does not reference any Pier structures you might want to consider writing it as a straight Seaside component and "plugging it into" the Pier page.

Mmmm I don't know how to do this. But no, my table doesn't reference any Pier structure. It a normal and simple html table.

Thanks for the help!!!

Mariano

Thanks a lot in advance

Mariano

Thanks for the help!

Mariano

http://jmck.seasidehosting.st

Re: Problem with css and tables

Mariano Martinez Peck
My real problem is that the html rendered doesn't render <thead>   and I need to apply diffent css to my table. I have a stylesheet like this:

#box-table-a {
    font-family:"Lucida Sans Unicode", "Lucida Grande", Sans-Serif;
    font-size:12px;
    width:480px;
    text-align:left;
    border-collapse:collapse;
    margin:20px;
    }

#box-table-a th {
    font-size:13px;
    font-weight:normal;
    background:#b9c9fe;
    border-top:4px solid #aabcfe;
    border-bottom:1px solid #fff;
    color:#039;
    padding:8px;
    }

#box-table-a td {
    background:#e8edff;
    border-bottom:1px solid #fff;
    color:#669;
    border-top:1px solid transparent;
    padding:8px;
    }

#box-table-a tr:hover td {
    background:#d0dafd;
    color:#339;
    }

But as the html output is this:

I don't know what to do :(

best,

Mariano

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 1:48 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Tudor Girba-3
Hi,

I am not sure I understood the problem correctly. Do you want to do
generate the output programatically or using the Pier syntax?

If it is the latter, then you can use |! to generate <th>

Cheers,
Doru

On 17 Jul 2009, at 07:15, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> My real problem is that the html rendered doesn't render <thead>
> and I need to apply diffent css to my table. I have a stylesheet
> like this:
>
> #box-table-a {
>     font-family:"Lucida Sans Unicode", "Lucida Grande", Sans-Serif;
>     font-size:12px;
>     width:480px;
>     text-align:left;
>     border-collapse:collapse;
>     margin:20px;
>     }
>
> #box-table-a th {
>     font-size:13px;
>     font-weight:normal;
>     background:#b9c9fe;
>     border-top:4px solid #aabcfe;
>     border-bottom:1px solid #fff;
>     color:#039;
>     padding:8px;
>     }
>
> #box-table-a td {
>     background:#e8edff;
>     border-bottom:1px solid #fff;
>     color:#669;
>     border-top:1px solid transparent;
>     padding:8px;
>     }
>
> #box-table-a tr:hover td {
>     background:#d0dafd;
>     color:#339;
>     }
>

> But as the html output is this:

> I don't know what to do :(
>

> best,
>
> Mariano
>

> On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 1:48 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]
> > wrote:
>

> On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 1:02 PM, John McKeon <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> Hi Mariano,
>
> On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 11:08 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]
> > wrote:
>

> I tried to see in Pier code where the table of | is rendered, but I
> didn't find it. I just saw PRTable but there is no renderContentOn:
> or similar.
>
> Look at PRDocumentParser to do what you are suggesting.
>
> Sorry John but I didn't find it. I need to see the html rendered
> when I create tables using |aaa|bbb| and change it from the original
> one to the one I said in this mail. I am still newbie with Pier,
> would you mind explaining me again ?
>

> Does someone know how can I do to obtain that output ?
>
> If your table does not reference any Pier structures you might want
> to consider writing it as a straight Seaside component and "plugging
> it into" the Pier page.
>
> Mmmm I don't know how to do this. But no, my table doesn't reference
> any Pier structure. It a normal and simple html table.
>

> Thanks for the help!!!
>
> Mariano
>

> Thanks a lot in advance
>
> Mariano
>

> Thanks for the help!
>
> Mariano

> http://jmck.seasidehosting.st

www.tudorgirba.com

"Presenting is storytelling."

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 5:31 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I am not sure I understood the problem correctly. Do you want to do generate the output programatically or using the Pier syntax?

If it is the latter, then you can use |! to generate <th>

wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!   That's was exactly what I was needing :)

I didn't find this information in http://www.piercms.com/doc/syntax
should this be added?

Thanks a lot. Its a nice a simple solution!