Problem with deployed Application

Günther Schmidt
Hi,

I've just begun to deploy my application but there is a problem when I
close it.

I does close fine, except it won't really terminate.

I can see it in XPs Processmanager still running, and then kill it manually.

Is there a "checklist" for this sort of problem?

Günther

Re: Problem with deployed Application

Udo Schneider
Günther Schmidt wrote:
> Is there a "checklist" for this sort of problem?
Do you simply close the last window or acutally exit using
SessionManager current exit: aNumber?

If you just close the view I suspect that there is some (hidden?) view
hanging around somewhere which "#keepAlive"s the proccess.

YOu could take a look at
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin/browse_frm/thread/b3784db6ca5037c9/71c5d29001c1d0ee?lnk=st&q=SessionManager+current+quit&rnum=4#71c5d29001c1d0ee
and
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin/msg/a541464bb8446c64?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
for an insight into Dolphin's process termination process.

CU,

Udo

Re: Problem with deployed Application

Ian Bartholomew-21
Günther,

Try adding an #onViewClosed method (or modifying any existing one) to
include

onViewClosed
 super onViewClosed.
 SessionManager current isRuntime ifTrue: [SessionManager current exit]

I've had the sticking-around problem in the past and, after asking here
IIRC, I now use the above in all my deployed apps.

--
Ian

Use the Reply-To address to contact me (limited validity).

Re: Problem with deployed Application

Günther Schmidt
Thanks guys,

Ian Bartholomew schrieb:

> Günther,
>
> Try adding an #onViewClosed method (or modifying any existing one) to
> include
>
> onViewClosed
>  super onViewClosed.
>  SessionManager current isRuntime ifTrue: [SessionManager current exit]
>
> I've had the sticking-around problem in the past and, after asking here
> IIRC, I now use the above in all my deployed apps.

I will, I just wish I knew what causes the problem.

Günther

PS

Any ideas why a view in a tabbed container is initially incompletely
drawn when first shown, but fine ever after?

Re: Problem with deployed Application

Martin Rubi
> Any ideas why a view in a tabbed container is initially incompletely drawn
> when first shown, but fine ever after?

I think it might be related to this old thread:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin/browse_frm/thread/8c0f0a032b18ce60/239bdd4891a09d68?q=%22steve+waring%22+tab+paint&rnum=1#239bdd4891a09d68

regards
martin