Problem with framing layout on a system using large fonts

1 message Options

Problem with framing layout on a system using large fonts

Don Rylander-3
I noticed a strange problem on a laptop, wherein multi-line text presenters
whose size was scaled to their parent composite presenter (using a framing
layout) weren't showing up as expected.  Rather than seeing 4 presenters, each
scaled to a quarter of the composite presenter's size, we'd see only the first,
scaled to 100% of its parent.  Upon further investigation, it showed up that
way in the View Composer on that system, too, although you could change the
framing constraints there, and things would work again.

It's apparently related to the system's display having been configured with the
evil Large Fonts option, since when I changed that, the problem went away.
Unfortunately, that leaves the laptop with very tiny fonts indeed, but maybe
it's the best (only?) solution for now.  If it would help, I have a little test
package that demonstrates the problem, but I can't post it on my news server,
since it won't take binary posts.

Don