Problem with gsDeevKit_home AND seasidea installation

Problem with gsDeevKit_home AND seasidea installation

GLASS mailing list
Dale,

Last week I spent some hours trying to help a friend to get gsDevKit_home working and then try with Seaside. This was in Ubuntu 14.

The first problem we faced is that plenty of executable files were actually downloaded (cloned via git) without execution permissions. Files inside /utils did NOT have execution permission. That ended up with a strange "permission denied" when trying to do the sudo of the install prerequisites (from installServerClient). I have to manually do chmod +x to files in /utils.
Same for /private and for /gsdevkit/sys/default/gsdevkit_bin/ and same for many other places we faced during installation.

The second problem is that we were not able to create a Seaside server. Below is the error. I suspect the problem is the seaside project was not updated to the latest changes of gsDevKit_home (I guess `setupGsDevKit ` changed). This is error:

marciano@marciano-virtual-machine:~/GsDevKit_home$ installServerSeaside -c https -z 8383 segItemWeb 3.3.0
=================
   GsDevKit script: installServerSeaside -c https -z 8383 segItemWeb 3.3.0
              path: /home/marciano/gsdevkit/etc/GsDevKit_seaside31/bin/installServerSeaside
=================
=================
   GsDevKit script: setupGsDevKit -c https server 3.3.0
              path: /home/marciano/gsdevkit/bin/setupGsDevKit
=================
wrong number of arguments (1 expected)

USAGE: setupGsDevKit [-h] [-c https | ssh ] [-o <organization-name>] client|server|both

OPTIONS
  -h
     display help
  -c https | ssh
     clone using https (https://github.com) or ssh ([hidden email]).
     https is the default.
  -o <organization-name>
     use <organization-name> instead of GsDevKit. Use this option when
     you've cloned the todeClient project

EXAMPLES
   setupGsDevKit -h
   setupGsDevKit client
   setupGsDevKit server
   setupGsDevKit both

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Re: Problem with gsDeevKit_home AND seasidea installation

GLASS mailing list

On 02/28/2016 05:28 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck via Glass wrote:
Dale,

Last week I spent some hours trying to help a friend to get gsDevKit_home working and then try with Seaside. This was in Ubuntu 14.

The first problem we faced is that plenty of executable files were actually downloaded (cloned via git) without execution permissions. Files inside /utils did NOT have execution permission. That ended up with a strange "permission denied" when trying to do the sudo of the install prerequisites (from installServerClient). I have to manually do chmod +x to files in /utils.
Same for /private and for /gsdevkit/sys/default/gsdevkit_bin/ and same for many other places we faced during installation.
Well I've never see this before ... we are doing a standard `git clone` and git is supposed to preserve the execution permissions on all files perhaps the settings on the user account you are using has some strange umask or other setup that is causing this kind of problem .... With something simple like executable files not being handled correctly I'd not be surprised that there will be additional failures ...

Using google, it appears that  `git config core.filemode true` might be needed but that implies that your friend may have other odd settings for git, so you might want to look at ~/.gitconfig and see what settings he's got.

[...]

This is related to the fact that I haven't got around to porting that project to the latest version of GsDevKit_home ... I will have to run GsDevKit_seaside31 through travis and see what breaks ... I should have a patched version of the project later tonight or tomorrow morning ...

Dale

Re: Problem with gsDeevKit_home AND seasidea installation

GLASS mailing list
Ported GsDevKit_seaside31 to latest version of GsDevKit_home[1].

Dale

[1] https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_seaside31/pull/4

On 2/29/16 9:38 AM, Dale Henrichs wrote:

[...]

Thanks Dale,

     clone using https (https://github.com) or ssh ([hidden email][hidden email]).