Problem with inspector

morod

Hi

i’m new to smalltalk and Pharo and my inspector show

instead of

Why? Thanks

Re: Problem with inspector

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi morod, and welcome to Pharo!

Which Pharo image are you exactly using?  (the name of the zip, the image file or go to System -> About)   The first one  is your image, right ?   and the second one? where is it from ?

The difference is that the first image is using the "old" traditional inspector, while the second picture is using another inspector, which is called "NewInspector", which provides more information.

Cheers

Mariano

2010/10/8 morod <[hidden email]>

Hi

i’m new to smalltalk and Pharo and my inspector show

instead of

Why? Thanks

R: Problem with inspector

morod

Hi Mariano

I tried it with multiple images and the behavior is the same with all the images.

Sent the sample is made with:

Pharo-1.1-11411

Latest update: #11411

The first one  is my image and the second is taken from the book “Pharo by Example”

Thanks again

Morod

Re: R: Problem with inspector

Frederic Pluquet-3
Hello,

It's the NewInspector on both pictures but two different versions of this tool. In the old version, the class and the methods were displayed for each inspected object. In the current version, there are not displayed (because the community prefers less children for each object).

Fréd
----
Frédéric Pluquet
Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB)
Assistant
http://www.ulb.ac.be/di/fpluquet

2010/10/8 morod <[hidden email]>

Hi Mariano

I tried it with multiple images and the behavior is the same with all the images.

Sent the sample is made with:

Pharo-1.1-11411

Latest update: #11411

The first one  is my image and the second is taken from the book “Pharo by Example”

Thanks again

Morod

R: R: Problem with inspector

morod

Hello,

How can I switch from the two different versions of tool “Inspector”

Best regards

Morod

2010/10/8 morod <[hidden email]>

Hi

i’m new to smalltalk and Pharo and my inspector show

Errore. Il nome file non è specificato.

instead of

Errore. Il nome file non è specificato.

Why? Thanks

R: R: R: Problem with inspector

morod

Thanks for your interest, I have done what was suggested, but nothing has changed.

Morod

Re: R: R: R: Problem with inspector

Frederic Pluquet-3
It's really strange. It works perfectly here.

Step by step:

- Download the last image of Pharo
- Go to Monticello and load the last package of NewInspector
- Go to System > Settings > Debugging > NewInspector
- Check the options
- Open a new inspector on an object

The new children must appear.

Fréd

----
Frédéric Pluquet
Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB)
Assistant
http://www.ulb.ac.be/di/fpluquet

2010/10/10 morod <[hidden email]>

Thanks for your interest, I have done what was suggested, but nothing has changed.

Morod

R: R: R: R: Problem with inspector

morod

I’m sorry but something may be wrong.

My Pharo.image

NewInspector installed

System settings

I tried again and the result has not changed

Thanks again for your patience

Morod

Image 1.png (78K) Download Attachment

R: R: R: R: R: Problem with inspector

morod

Hello Fréd

All right,

huge thank you and sorry again for my shallowness

Morod