Problem with keyboard shortcuts

1 message Options

Problem with keyboard shortcuts

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi folks.

I am facing problems with keyboard shortcuts in Windows. "Inspect" and "explore" shortcuts seem to be wrong. Look at this example:

1) With this:

Preferences enable: #swapControlAndAltKeys.
Preferences enable: #swapCOntrolAndAltKeys.
Preferences disable: #duplicateAllControlAndAltKeys.
Preferences disable: #duplicateControlAndAltKeys.

I get this results:

browse -> alt + b
inspect -> alt + i
print -> alt + p
explore -> ctrl + i

2) With this:

Preferences disable: #swapControlAndAltKeys.
Preferences disable: #swapCOntrolAndAltKeys.
Preferences disable: #duplicateAllControlAndAltKeys.
Preferences disable: #duplicateControlAndAltKeys.

I get this results:

browse -> alt + b
inspect -> alt + i
print -> alt + p
explore -> ctrl + i

3) With this:

Preferences disable: #swapControlAndAltKeys.
Preferences disable: #swapCOntrolAndAltKeys.
Preferences enable: #duplicateAllControlAndAltKeys.
Preferences disable: #duplicateControlAndAltKeys.

I get this results:

browse -> ctrl + b
inspect -> alt + i
print -> ctrl + p
explore -> ctrl + shift + i

Conclusions:

1) We have TWO preferences for the same purpose: swapControlAndAltKeys and swapCOntrolAndAltKeys. I think only has to be swapControlAndAltKeys.

2) Enabling or disabling swapControlAndAltKeys has no effect.

3) When duplicateAllControlAndAltKeys "inspect" should be ctrl + i but it is alt + i. In addition, is ok explore to be ctre + shift + i ?

4) If I don't enable duplicateAllControlAndAltKeys  world menu is wrong because it says the shortcut is (I) when it actually is (i). It is only (I) if you have enable duplicateAllControlAndAltKeys.

Some time ago, I created the ticket http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=829
But now it seems to be a bit bigger than that. I can create another ticket if needed.

Best,

Mariano