Problem with renaming a method

Andreas Wacknitz
I have a strange problem when I try to rename a method. I want to rename
#displayString to #printString in one of my classes. But I always get an
error message saying "The selectors are not equivalent AND Bank or a
subclass understands #printString". "Bank" is another of my classes and not
directly related to the class I try to change. So, what happens here? BTW I
am using Dolphin 6.02 Pro.

Best regards,
Andreas

Re: Problem with renaming a method

John Rubier
Andreas Wacknitz wrote:

> I have a strange problem when I try to rename a method. I want to rename
> #displayString to #printString in one of my classes. But I always get an
> error message saying "The selectors are not equivalent AND Bank or a
> subclass understands #printString". "Bank" is another of my classes and not
> directly related to the class I try to change. So, what happens here? BTW I
> am using Dolphin 6.02 Pro.
>

> Best regards,
> Andreas

The rename refactoring has a scope option which defaults to Global.
That would attempt to rename all #displayString methods in the image I
believe. Try changing it to Class to restrict the refactoring to that
class.

Take care,

John

Re: Problem with renaming a method

Andreas Wacknitz
"John Rubier" <[hidden email]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:[hidden email]...

> Andreas Wacknitz wrote:
>> I have a strange problem when I try to rename a method. I want to rename
>> #displayString to #printString in one of my classes. But I always get an
>> error message saying "The selectors are not equivalent AND Bank or a
>> subclass understands #printString". "Bank" is another of my classes and
>> not
>> directly related to the class I try to change. So, what happens here? BTW
>> am using Dolphin 6.02 Pro.
>>

>> Best regards,
>> Andreas
>
> The rename refactoring has a scope option which defaults to Global.
Doh, now my mistake is obvious. Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Andreas